Diversity aerial

be@st

Reaction score
I'm curently installing a Blaupunkt Nashvillle DAB 35 in my A4 in place of the original Concert 2.

Can i use the diversity aerial at all or is it redundent now i'm changing HU? Is there anyway the Blaupunkt can use both aerials like the Concert did?

The DAB aerial connection, on the Blaupunkt, is the same as the diversity connector, was tempted to plug it in to see what happened, anybody any thoughts on if this is pointless?

Thanx

The concert 2+ is different but on the concert 2

The two leads are ZF and HF.

The ZF wire is what Audi calls the "intermediate frequency line" & is connected between the radio & the ‘Control unit for aerial selection’ built in the aerial amp. This is not an actual aerial feed as such but acts as a communication line between the aerial amp and radio, so that the radio can tell the diversity switcher built inside the aerial amp which antenna has the strongest signal, and feed that signal down the aerial feed (HF lead).

Without the ZF lead connected the theory again is that the diversity switcher should be stuck on one antenna regardless of signal strength, in effect a normal aerial.

Not sure how the Blaupunkt Nashville works but if it is just a standard input for a DAB aerial then I doubt it would work even though they have the same connector.

I think the ZF is the yellow wire, so use the other one and see how it goes.

Regards, John.

I assumed in my first post that you were trying to connect both leads to the Blaupunkt.

If you are just trying to connect the radio up using the HF lead as a normal aerial without the ZF connected then make sure you connect a signal separation filter to supply 12 V down the aerial cable to power the aerial amp.

The aerial will work with normal broadcasts no sure about DAB

Yes was trying to connect both leads. I have the HF lead conected with a adapter supplying 12v to the aerial amp and its supplying a OK FM etc. signal, not as good as previously though.

I was thinking that the ZF lead would have had to supply the concert 2 with the alternative antenna signal so that it could tell which one was receiving the better signal and therefore tell the aerial control unit which one to supply down the HF lead? Which is why is was considering trying connecting it for the DAB.

Is there no adapter unit that directly replaces the function of the Concert 2 in using both wires then selecting best signal and supplying a single output to a aftermarket HU?

Never see one, (and I have looked) I would be very interested if there was for my Kenwood set up as the reception is not as good without the ZF connected on my set up either.

The control for the diversity switcher is designed & built into the concert 2 & I doubt any stand alone aftermarket system would be available as the market would be too small to make it worth while. If the Audi system is based on an existing Blaupunkt design then you maybe in luck but I have never seen one similar.