Ditched xenons and went LED headlight bulbs

Rog_B

Reaction score

@Col1961
Col mentioned LEDs to replace the awful Osram Nightbreaker Laser HIDs. I thought why not!!
I was lucky enough to be able to return the Osrams so, having got the wheel and liner removal down to a fine art, I ordered a set of D Series Gbrite LEDs from eBay. I thought worst case I could go back to OEM Philips Xenstart
Well they arrived and I fitted them very easily.
The difference is literally night and day! On dark lanes at 40, I didn't even need main beam, but using that was like a tunnel of white boring off into the distance.
I kept checking to make sure the near side beam was low enough not to dazzle oncoming traffic.
They are less than £80 with a 6 month warranty.
So far I'm more than happy with the punt on LEDs.
Thanks to Col1961 for the suggestion!

Is replacing xenon’s with LED legal? If so I might have a go on the A1.
Glad you’re enjoying 24 hour daylight!

As legal as every exterior LED change on a car, I guess. The box is CE marked... As long as they are correctly adjusted and illuminate evenly, I'm happy. I've checked the alignment and have had no flashing from oncoming traffic. Compared to another car side by side my dipped is set a little lower to be sure, they are lovely and bright, especially lighting up the nearside.

Reactions: Swanny356

@Col1961
Col mentioned LEDs to replace the awful Osram Nightbreaker Laser HIDs. I thought why not!!
I was lucky enough to be able to return the Osrams so, having got the wheel and liner removal down to a fine art, I ordered a set of D Series Gbrite LEDs from eBay. I thought worst case I could go back to OEM Philips Xenstart
Well they arrived and I fitted them very easily.
The difference is literally night and day! On dark lanes at 40, I didn't even need main beam, but using that was like a tunnel of white boring off into the distance.
I kept checking to make sure the near side beam was low enough not to dazzle oncoming traffic.
They are less than £80 with a 6 month warranty.
So far I'm more than happy with the punt on LEDs.
Thanks to Col1961 for the suggestion!
Jesus very expensive bulbs.. I have purchased ebay £10 or £15 pund don't remeber 5 years ago and still working..

There is no such thin'g ilegality when it comes to car lights lightning roads.. You just must not mess with light illumination height that's all ..