Display speed in driver assist

funkyspider

Reaction score
Hopefully an rtfm..

Just picked up a 2017 A4 avant sline without virtual cockpit. My older A6 displayed current speed on the screen between rev/speedo, I've got used to not looking at the speedo itself.

I've toggled through the tabs with mode steering wheel button, scrolled using left steering wheel navigation but can't find current speed display. Surely they haven't removed it?

Also how do I reset trip meter, just want to zero it when I fill up.

Ta for helping a b9 newb.

There's a button to the left of the dash, hidden by the steering wheel, for zeroing the trip meter. You can display speed where you're talking about, but I'm lying in bed just now and can't describe it offhand. If you find the one showing current date and time, then speed is in the same bracket, just scroll up and down using the wheel on the left hand side of the steering wheel.

Thanks for restraining yourselves and not calling me a t1t.

Found everything I was looking for. It's all on the steering wheel left scroll wheel on the first tab.

Getting used to it now. Just need to figure out this auto box. Go to reverse slowly. Nothing.. Nothing.. Nothing GO. BEEEEEP

I find if you just touch the throttle lightly then as soon as you can feel movement release it will just creep slowly, at least on reasonably level ground.

Thanks for restraining yourselves and not calling me a t1t.

Found everything I was looking for. It's all on the steering wheel left scroll wheel on the first tab.

Getting used to it now. Just need to figure out this auto box. Go to reverse slowly. Nothing.. Nothing.. Nothing GO. BEEEEEP
Glad you've got it all figured out. Enjoy your car. :thumbs up: