dispay lag from ps3

howdy quattro

Reaction score
Hiya, just wondering if anyone has had this problem , i'm at my mates house and plumbed in my ps3 and its got easily half a second delay between me using my controller and anything happening on the screen, only happens on his, using scart connections and its a hdtv, no problems with this setup on anyone elses tv, just this one, tried other setting adjustments but nothing changes it, no call of duty for me till its sorted!!! any help would be great!!

Is this just a sound issue or movement aswell???

I have home cinema and when that is on there is about a 1 sec delay in sound but settings on tv can be adjusted to correct this, never heard of a delay in the controller though if this is the problem!

Well we watched a dvd on it in the end, no drama, just on games. I'm not sure if its the controller or if its the processors that run the games that are causing the problem, but its really annoying!! Sayin that its the same on the main xmb screen too!

Saying that, i had GTA4 on the other day, very rarely sit and play games a lot but got some time on my hands lately, and noticed that it didnt load first time as normal. When it did, there was a wierd look to the game, as if there were trails behind person moving etc, removed disc to clean and found it had lots of print marks, cleaned it up and was fine again.

Is it just one particular game or have you tried others?

I'd try resetting the display set up by turning on the PS3 and HOLDING the power button(well, not a button) for 5 seconds untill it beeps.

This will then boot it in VGA mode effectively and will automatically redetect the HDMI input.

Worth a go, easy to try with no adverse effects.

Just buy a HDMI cable, would help in other areas. But have you tried resetting the controller and resyncing it?

On the back of the controller should be a small hole, put a pin/ end of paperclip or something in and hold/press it in. Then you will have to use the sync cable to match it up again.

Should this fail, do the following above from what others have said, reset your visual settings etc. Might be just the fact of switching between TV's from home and a mates that leaving it a little out of sync.