Diskloc size

st3v3

Reaction score
Sorry for a repost on this as I have asked before..Hoping for more solid answers :)

So at current im using a "small" diskloc for my round (not flat bottom) steering wheel but am getting marks and indents on it from using the Diskloc, I do use one of their covers to help with this but it still doesn't help that much.
I do think the small size is a little tight if im honest.
So does anyone use the Medium Diskloc and does it still leave indents?

Thanks for the help and for being patient :)

Blimey didn’t realise people used these anymore.

Had a crook-loc(?) myself... in the late 80’s.

Some are paranoid about their cars being stolen because of the media hype around keyless start. I think it is up to them personally....

believe me, coming from Ford and seeing how many focus ST's, Fiesta ST's and Focus RS's that have gone missing over the last 3 years alone then you would be also be paranoid, also its definitely not media hype.
Whilst I know my cars not a Ford I do know how quickly keyless start cars can be taken and how they're taken, its not misjudged paranoia by any means.

I’m using a small on my carbon and leather wheel, and don’t have any issues with it marking the wheel. It was on my previous Audi as well with a normal round wheel with no issues.

I’m pretty sure the small, medium etc refers to the diameter of the wheel your putting it onto, rather than the thickness of the wheel it will fit.

What model car are you putting it onto?

http://www.disklokuk.co.uk/about-us/fitting-guide/

believe me, coming from Ford and seeing how many focus ST's, Fiesta ST's and Focus RS's that have gone missing over the last 3 years alone then you would be also be paranoid, also its definitely not media hype.
Whilst I know my cars not a Ford I do know how quickly keyless start cars can be taken and how they're taken, its not misjudged paranoia by any means.
Without wishing to start a debate upon this I can assure you that fords and audi's in the uk do not even make the top ten of the most stolen car cars. https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=t...id-sonymobile&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8 I have had keyless cars since 2008 and never had an issue, it is a fact that most of the majority of cars are stolen by having the keys, you only have to go to the a3 8v thread to find all the s3's stolen have been so by breaking into the property and taking the keys. At the end of the day it is your decision but I for one are not thinking of a diskloc or any other form of deterent if it makes car thieves come after me to get the car, they can have it and I just cash in my gap.

Last edited:
Agree with cukey here. If someone wants to steal my car, take it and leave me/my family alone.

Reactions: cuke2u
Agree with cuke2u so make one out of cardboard, visual deterrent.

Reactions: cuke2u
I’m using a small on my carbon and leather wheel, and don’t have any issues with it marking the wheel. It was on my previous Audi as well with a normal round wheel with no issues.

I’m pretty sure the small, medium etc refers to the diameter of the wheel your putting it onto, rather than the thickness of the wheel it will fit.

What model car are you putting it onto?

http://www.disklokuk.co.uk/about-us/fitting-guide/

Yeah I understand the size is more about diameter rather than thickness, was hoping someone might be able to tell there might be a difference in the thickness as well, the car is an A4 tdi s-line 16 plate.

The issue you will have is that if you move to the next size up, it may actually be too large, or only loosely fit your steering wheel.

This is true, that why I was aking advice matey :)

Its ok people saying stuff like "its not in the top 10" of stolen vehicle or "didn't think people used them anymore" but that's not going to help if the car goes missing and if it makes the thieves move on then so be it.

I have advised my insurance company of people thoughts on here why they said they didn't think the advise was good to listen to they did say that maybe the said people would offer to pay the £25000 for the car if it was stolen?"

Reactions: mister.c.
As I stated it is up to you at the end of the day, personally I feel the risk is far too low to worry me. I have had more cars stolen in the days before keyless was ever invent and despite the media hype cars are far more secure now than they were back then...

This is true, that why I was aking advice matey :)

Its ok people saying stuff like "its not in the top 10" of stolen vehicle or "didn't think people used them anymore" but that's not going to help if the car goes missing and if it makes the thieves move on then so be it.

I have advised my insurance company of people thoughts on here why they said they didn't think the advise was good to listen to they did say that maybe the said people would offer to pay the £25000 for the car if it was stolen?"

My reason for saying I didn’t realise people use these anymore is I cannot think of the last time I saw one in a car. I commute into London 4 days a week and walk through the station car park. Have done for 5 years. Never seen one.

Before that I lived SE London for 15 years and walked about 1 mile to the station 5 days a week along residential roads lined with literally hundreds of cars, again without ever seeing one.

I was just stating my experience, not telling you what to, what not to do.