Discs and Pads

Josh H

Reaction score
Hi all,

What bigger discs and pads has everyone got on there a3s any favourites and makes?

Let's see what you got.

Josh.

EBC drilled and grooves discs with red stuff discs are a massive upgrade over OEM pads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got brembo pads and delphi discs fitted. Was told to get good pads and average discs. Also heard that drilled and groved is only good for track cars as the temps have to be really high to get any benefit and are a hindrance to road cars but alot of high performance road cars now come with them?

Just got brembo pads and delphi discs fitted. Was told to get good pads and average discs. Also heard that drilled and groved is only good for track cars as the temps have to be really high to get any benefit and are a hindrance to road cars but alot of high performance road cars now come with them?

I think that's a load of nonsense,and as you say,a lot of high performance road cars come fitted with exactly that sort of setup.

The temp range that the pad works at is the key to that,and obviously using a real track oriented pad that comes alive at very high temps won't be great for road use,but equally so,the road oriented pad will simply fry on heavy track use.

IMO cross drilled discs are a complete waste - they are more for show on road cars. You need to keep on top of them to unblock the holes by hand for them to be effective. Slotted / grooved are much better but they can be noisy and eat through pads quickly.

Can't figure out what car you've got, but a second hand set of S3 front calipers, OEM discs and DS2500 pads are a good first step.

Forge 6pot up front with yellow stuff pads

a0ac7791df5d85600a6c0cd942e06147.png

Ebc USR discs on the rear and yellow stuff pads

533b8e58fa93c27011263da77952c800.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: GAS MONKEY and Hookmonster