Discounts...

RyyC

Reaction score
So i have been offered 11.1% discount on an s3, pretty impressed with that. Local dealer said they're going to match it for me and giving me a bit more for my car in part ex too.

Pretty impressed but was wondering what form the discount comes in? Like does it up your deposit (from audi contribution) or do you not really 'see' a discount?

Playing the waiting game with audi to see how much i get get them down. Doing pretty well so far! (Trying to black b&o for free as the 'dealbreaker' although nothing is free lol)

Thanks for your help!

Ry

Can i ask for the 11.1% of the value as a deposit contribution?

Mine came as a discount off the list price. Not included in the deposit.

11% is the total discount you will get this is inclusive of all dealer's/Audi contributions
On the for example retail price

£40 k Audi discount £4,400
£35,600 deposit of £5,600
Financing £30,000...,less gmfv

So how will it affect monthly payments on finance?

So how will it affect monthly payments on finance?

What price is your car,what size of deposit are you giving

Simply pay the deposit and a monthly payment will calculated over the the length of term your taking the car 3/4 years

What price is your car,what size of deposit are you giving

Simply pay the deposit and a monthly payment will calculated over the the length of term your taking the car 3/4 years
So for arguments sake if the monthly payments were £300/month

After the discount would they go down? (With same deposit) or would the final payment or something just change

After the discount would they go down? (With same deposit) or would the final payment or something just change

I may be corrected, but your discount will affect the monthly payments yeah.

I.e instead of valuing the finance at 40k - deposit it will be somewhere around 36k - deposit. So if you pay 2k deposit your monthly payments would be based on 34k.

No discount is taken off first,RRP then payments are calculated on the existing amount to finance

Reactions: Gazjs
Yes :D

The car is basically decreased in value.
Okay thanks for clearing that up! New to financing and new cars! Been back into audi and got a pretty awesome deal. Still haggling though!

Okay thanks for clearing that up! New to financing and new cars! Been back into audi and got a pretty awesome deal. Still haggling though!

you WILL not get anymore than...than 12% max yer wasting yer time....

Im on 11.1% with a further £1000 knocked off that so i think i'm doing pretty well!

What do you all think?

They've started doing the signature move of saying
"Were starting to lose money on this"
Haha lol okay audi!

Keep on going, as BH says you may stand a chance of getting more! The RRP is overpriced, and due to the diesel emissions issues then for once we have quite a bit of power when buying. Screw them like they have been screwing us for years!

Reactions: RyyC
Keep on going, as BH says you may stand a chance of getting more! The RRP is overpriced, and due to the diesel emissions issues then for once we have quite a bit of power when buying. Screw them like they have been screwing us for years!
Awe no another disgruntled Audi bashing member

Reactions: RyyC
Going to play the waiting game until the end of the month, then on the day im buying go in and get a final total off, and have the 'ill buy right now if...' Attitude

Im relatively impressed with audi's economy/emmissions in relation to it's performance! A lot of similar cars performance wise would be way more to tax/run

Not at all. I try to be helpful as most of previous posting and helpfulness to members (when I can be) shows. There is still savings to be had, and RyyC should go for it. Good luck and squeeze some more of your hard earned out of them.

And thank-you Jassy for your thoughtful response, which, as the Bristle of Hound easily showed, was as insightful as your previous one. You must have some dealer blood in your veins with your real insight..:whistle2:

Reactions: Jassyo06
12% should be the lowest you accept but keep an eye on the PX price, do consider selling your PX yourself if you can as always makes more money especially if an alternate brand to the dealer or above 50K on the clock as this just get underwritten and sent to auction/lower level dealers.

I would never, ever buy a car without min 12%, keep options low, sensible colour and with a premium brand and you are doing all you can to limit depreciation. Most of all enjoy the experience :)

12% should be the lowest you accept but keep an eye on the PX price, do consider selling your PX yourself if you can as always makes more money especially if an alternate brand to the dealer or above 50K on the clock as this just get underwritten and sent to auction/lower level dealers.

I would never, ever buy a car without min 12%, keep options low, sensible colour and with a premium brand and you are doing all you can to limit depreciation. Most of all enjoy the experience :)
Thanks, well they said that they are 'taking more off the car instead of giving me more part ex' i dont know if thats dealership twaddle or what but that's where the extra £1000 off came from. Yep im only getting a solid colour and audi sound system (b&o is too much even though i love music:bye:) and apart from that pretty much standard. Keeping monthly costs low is important!

Going to leave it until last weekend this month and hopefully will get more off. He came out with the usual 'were losing money on this car' rubbish lol. Might just ask for what he's offered me and b&o on top with no extra cost and that will sell it to me i think!

Said he's going to respec a dealer slot anyway because i have a tight time space

Even if on the original order you said you'd part ex + cash deposit, can you change that on the day? Or should I email the dealer to forewarn? They offered £3,250 for my current car. The lowest on auto trader from a dealer for my make model and close age and mileage is £5,900 so as a private sale I'd hope for £5,000. I can just put the £3,250 on two different credit cards until my current car sells to pay it off which hopefully would be fairly quickly.

Yes no problem with doing this, they rarely want your car anyway and will be happy with the parameters set.

I have bought a couple of cars off people at work for an enhanced PX and they do exactly this and have never heard of any issues from the Dealers.

As long as the invoice reconciles, in other words you hand over £3250 should be no issue.

Selling privately at this level is not such a mine field these days as internet bank transfers negates the use of cash etc and offers a level of security.

£45 for your ad, price it below average with no offers, present it well and you will pocket the extra cash or reduce your monthly payments by increasing the deposit.

Good luck & let us know how you get on.

Reactions: MrMoo28
Not at all. I try to be helpful as most of previous posting and helpfulness to members (when I can be) shows. There is still savings to be had, and RyyC should go for it. Good luck and squeeze some more of your hard earned out of them.

And thank-you Jassy for your thoughtful response, which, as the Bristle of Hound easily showed, was as insightful as your previous one. You must have some dealer blood in your veins with your real insight..:whistle2:
Dealer blood not exactly, off spring blood yeah, why molly cuddle? the dealers down south give far far more discount than up here in Scotland so it seems it's like banging yer head a against a brick wall at times on here with silly questions being asked

Yes no problem with doing this, they rarely want your car anyway and will be happy with the parameters set.

I have bought a couple of cars off people at work for an enhanced PX and they do exactly this and have never heard of any issues from the Dealers.

As long as the invoice reconciles, in other words you hand over £3250 should be no issue.

Selling privately at this level is not such a mine field these days as internet bank transfers negates the use of cash etc and offers a level of security.

£45 for your ad, price it below average with no offers, present it well and you will pocket the extra cash or reduce your monthly payments by increasing the deposit.

Good luck & let us know how you get on.

Cheers I've emailed the dealership to advise. Even if it takes an extra month, £1750 give or take in my pocket is better than in some middlemen and dealerships!

Are you able to increase deposit without them needing to go through approval on the finance again?

Cheers I've emailed the dealership to advise. Even if it takes an extra month, £1750 give or take in my pocket is better than in some middlemen and dealerships!

Are you able to increase deposit without them needing to go through approval on the finance again?

I think any change has to go through, as increasing the deposit will reduce monthly payments and affect the finance payments.