Discount Off Your Next A3

P D C

Reaction score
Hi all

I thought it would be a good idea to create an opportunity for all would be buyers of A3’s to save a bit of money.

We all like to feel that we have negotiated a deal and nothing else feels better than driving around in our newly purchased Audi knowing that we got a few grand off.

I guess the vast majority of us will initially ask for a discount and so its just whether or not we continue to pursue the matter if the salesman tells us a polite “NO”

Now the point of this thread is not to turn us all into buying negotiators, but to make us aware that when the salesman say’s “sorry no discounts given on this model” we will know that in reality there are and if we decide to pursue a discount, we will know how much we could expect to get.

So if we get enough people participate, we should build a good picture of who’s getting discounts, on what models and is it a case of, the more we spend the bigger the discount.

I recon that if we were to buy a base equipped car and by that I mean an S3 or S-line with no extras on it what soever we probably won't get much of a discount, but if we have a shed load of extras we might find the level of discount will go up.

I appreciate that sharing monetary information may not be everyone’s desire, so if we just simply list the car we bought, the options on it and the discount we managed to negotiate either as a percentage or as a monetary figure.

Oh and just before we start, please no staff discounts to be included as the vast majority of us cant get these.

I will start things off with my S3 that should be arriving at the end of March and I negotiated 8.5 percent with the below options.

S3 SB S-Tronic, Advance Key, Bang & Olufsen, Roof Rails, Black Pack, Comfort Package, Folding Door Mirrors, Extended Mono.pur, 3D Design Black, Interior Light Package, Parking Front And Rear, Privacy Glass, Navigation and Super Sports Seats.

Cheers and good luck to us all.

Hi all. Just ordered a new S3 sportback S Tronic with the following options - panoramic roof, tech pack, comfort pack, folding mirrors, interior light pack, hill hold assist, non smoking pack, 3d design, audi sound system in mythos black and lunar silver interior. Discount equated to 11% however this will be the 4th Audi bought from the same dealer. Arrives late April.

There's been a few threads similar to this, but it's not a bad idea.

Best place to start when negotiating is looking at the online brokers (drive the deal, orange wheels + many more). Typically they are offering 8 to 10% discounts, however don't expect much of a "sales experience" when using brokers, your order is likely to get passed to the fleet sales team at their chosen dealership. As you've paid rock bottom price they will usually provide the minimum of handover "ceremonies".

That said, if your main goal is paying the minimum for your car then go for it. Most dealers will negotiate somewhere close to the broker prices, but it'll depend on how their sales vs targets are going

Don't underestimate the value of having a good relationship with your dealer, should any after sales / warranty work be required dealerships will go the extra mile if you purchased through them directly.

Reactions: JohnM100 and glospete
I've gone through a broker and the order has gone through as a fleet order, my Audi sales guy has been fantastic so far in terms of customer service!

Bought my A3 (details in my signature) in August 2014 and got 10% discount of the car and all the options. Not as good as the 17% I got off my TT in May 2013 (from the same dealer) but both the dealer and I were satisfied - which is surely the optimum outcome in any negotiation.

Totally agree with the comment about the relationship with the dealer - I could have got a few hundred extra through an online broker but prefer to deal with my local dealer (and as I said, it is the second car I've bought from him).

Reactions: mjcourtney
I got 10.3% off mine, I was really happy as I didn't find the broker sites till after. I agree about a relationship where possible but this is my first audi and I don't think I could of got more off.
In regards to service/repairs mines been in recently to a different dealer/group at uni and I've been blown away by the customer service (Cheltenham audi). My advice is if you find a good service dept stick with them regardless of where the car is from.

It's dealer dependant too, carwow Orange wheels offered good money off my spec but when I visited Wakefield Audi who insisted they were the best and could give the best deals they wouldn't give any discount whatsoever and I haven't heard from them since either so they weren't bothered about selling to me

My local dealer started by not offering much of a discount, a few hundred off. But I went away and told them I was going to view a few other cars BMW, VW etc. The dealer called me later in the day offering a slightly better discount, with the old spiel that it's the best they could do, but I thought I could do better elsewhere so told them I'd sleep on it.

I then did a bit more research and found Carwow and the best discount equated to around 10%. I spoke to the dealer on Carwow, and they gave me a full quote including estimated part exchange and PCP finance breakdown.

I then took this quote to my local dealer :D To my surprise my local dealer was happy to match the discount, but also went a bit further and gave me extra off. So my final discount equated to about 14% off.

Don't know if I caught them at a good time, low sales and needing to meet targets, but either way I was very happy with the end result.

I managed about 8.5% off my S3 S-Tronic saloon with sd nav, b&o, comfort with ACC and park plus, ILP and mono.pur.

Went to dealer (Aberdeen Audi) with Coventry offer (Carwow) of 10% and he gave me 8%. Changes to options at dealers expense meant it added up to about 8.5%. Happy with that as i wanted to stay local.

I managed about 8.5% off my S3 S-Tronic saloon with sd nav, b&o, comfort with ACC and park plus, ILP and mono.pur.

Went to dealer (Aberdeen Audi) with Coventry offer (Carwow) of 10% and he gave me 8%. Changes to options at dealers expense meant it added up to about 8.5%. Happy with that as i wanted to stay local.
Some will disagree but I think the dealer factor is important and worth having over the odd percent extra discount from a distant seller. You did well.....they obviously know you mean business selecting mono.pur :hubbahubba:

Reactions: Psyman79
Ended up with 8.5% discount with the spec in my signature. Used the orangewheels quote as a bargaining tool, and Guildford Audi matched it bar a couple of hundred pounds. Didn't know about carwow at that stage:keule:. Otherwise would have used a broker - will definitely do so for whatever I order next unless the local dealer are very cooperative..

Ended up with 11% discount with zero deposit from me but a £2500 deposit contribution from the dealer. I think this is more to the fact i held the dealer to ransom as i had a PO for 2 other fleet cars.

Dealer has been great and will match or try and beat brokers.

Some will disagree but I think the dealer factor is important and worth having over the odd percent extra discount from a distant seller. You did well.....they obviously know you mean business selecting mono.pur :hubbahubba:

I thought i'd better add a few options as i seem to be in the minority of not selecting "exclusive" Sepang ;)

S3 Hatch (Details in footer) - 9.5% discount - Northampton Audi

Some will disagree but I think the dealer factor is important and worth having over the odd percent extra discount from a distant seller

I agree. I have purchased most of my A3s from the same guy at the same dealers. I normally get around 9% discount and a good trade-in but I also get excellent service from both the sales and service teams. I know a couple of the Master Tech and can call in and ask questions any time. My wife's A1 also came from the same guy and hers is on a PCP and he bettered the price for the A1 against a Polo. It also means if I want to test any of the Audi range he will always let me have the car for at least 24 hours.

To me, this excellent service is worth much more than the extra few percent I could possibly get from a broker. Money is not everything!![/QUOTE]

Reactions: Psyman79
Negotiated 11.2% with my local dealer... that's after Carwow Coventry quoted.
Then ordered another S3 in December and got even better at 13% but a different local dealer.

Well,to start with l was getting a 8.5% discount off a S3 last September,then it has gone up to 10.5% which l settled for,but l was offered a 14.5% discount off a £45,000 S3 SB with a Exclusive paint,but only if i got it, at the end of January,NO....lol but the Exclusive S3 was sold in Febuary but the buyer only got 8.5%,plus what discount you get is only half the battle.

Audi gave me £1200 more for my car than a Ford dealership did for my 13 plate ST3,the best offer i got from a Audi dealership on the Carwow site was 11.5% and a trade in price of £14000....so its swings and roundabouts.

Having some insider dealer information...My son is a Audi salesman,if you get more than a 8.5% discount you doing ok

Hi all,

Well it looks like most of us are getting around the 9% mark discount and the others of us who are getting a larger discount have played the brokers off against the main dealership.

So I guess even if we would prefer to purchase from a main dealership for the backup and reassurance “I know that I would pay extra for that piece of mind” it pays dividends to go to your dealership armed with a comparison quote from a broker. That additional 4% could equate to another £1500 off your car. Food for thought for all for us……. :icon thumright:

Oh I forgot to mention that I have just received some inside information, if you order your A3 with mono.pur you get a further 3% discount. But I guess everyone knows that already!!! “ Because life just wouldn't be worth living with out” :keule:

I used `Drive the deal` to price my S3. Then went to my local dealer, who after 40min's gave in and gave me the same price.

Well,to start with l was getting a 8.5% discount off a S3 last September,then it has gone up to 10.5% which l settled for,but l was offered a 14.5% discount off a £45,000 S3 SB with a Exclusive paint,but only if i got it, at the end of January,NO....lol but the Exclusive S3 was sold in Febuary but the buyer only got 8.5%,plus what discount you get is only half the battle.

Audi gave me £1200 more for my car than a Ford dealership did for my 13 plate ST3,the best offer i got from a Audi dealership on the Carwow site was 11.5% and a trade in price of £14000....so its swings and roundabouts.

Having some insider dealer information...My son is a Audi salesman,if you get more than a 8.5% discount you doing ok

Hey @jassyo06 I know the car you're talking about! It was sat in-between the S1 and RS4. I didn't like the colour....kinda like a purple-ish Sepang. Way too flashy for me! IIRC it also had super sport seats, pano roof, B&O, LED headlights, Tech pack, bright roof rails...

As for my discount, I got 8.7% without too much trouble (Glasgow Audi). They wouldn't budge on the GAP nor Tyre/Wheel protection though, and I had to pay 5% deposit there and then as it was a factory order.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Hey @jassyo06 I know the car you're talking about! It was sat in-between the S1 and RS4. I didn't like the colour....kinda like a purple-ish Sepang. Way too flashy for me! IIRC it also had super sport seats, pano roof, B&O, LED headlights, Tech pack, bright roof rails...

As for my discount, I got 8.7% without too much trouble (Glasgow Audi). They wouldn't budge on the GAP nor Tyre/Wheel protection though, and I had to pay 5% deposit there and then as it was a factory order.

Yeah thats the very car Fivespice,the paint colour's name is Racing Mica Blue costing £2300... Which salesperson sold you the S3?
IMG 3704