DISASTER!!!! - coil pack snapped

S3Lol

Reaction score
OK, big problem. went to take my coilpack out to replace the spark plugs, and this was the result...

photo1-1.jpg

photo1.jpg

How do i get the bottom of the coil pack out????

Last edited:
I would take the cam cover off first mate... get better access to the thing to get a good purchase on pulling the rest out...

<tuffty/>

Prob can't mess it up anymore than it is lol ;P (soz...)

The only thing to do that important is to use sealant in the right places to prevent oil leaks from the cam cover gasket... there is a lot to remove to take the cam cover off though and if you haven't done it before then take your time... its not difficult just involved...

However... what you can try first is a long handled pair of long nose pliers or valve stem seal pliers to soo if you can gently pull whats left out... like these bad boys... Siegen 280mm Extra Long Reach Straight Nose Pliers | eBay UK

<tuffty/>

It leaks. Halfords sell a set of long nose molegrips which will have that out in seconds :)

This happened to me on my Audi A4 3.0 Quattro some time ago. I got a wood screw and screwed it into the coil pack remains, then used long nose pliers to get it out.

Reactions: S3Lol
that screw sounds like an idea. i cant even move it the bit that is stuck in there so going to have to walk 5 miles tomorrow for the nearest halfords. living in a village on your own is a *******.

Tape the woodscrew to the screwdriver just in case

Another idea...could you glue a plastic tie to a screwdriver and loop it around it and twist ? the idea comes from when I used to remove oil filters with a loop

could try ramming a bit of garden hose down on it (if it'll fit over) and see if that will pull it out. should be like a chinese finger when you pull on it.

A metal rod + Industrial Super Glue, fuse the 2 together and just pull it out, seen it done on a locking wheel nut!

DC