Disappointed S3 8V owner

showyS3

Gooner4life
Reaction score
Greetings

Just wanted to share my thoughts on my vehicle and issues which I’ve had.

I have a 2016 S3 8V Stronic saloon owned since new only covered 10k since new.

Unfortunately cars been at the dealers more times then with me.

I maybe just unlucky but it seems the problems are endless.

It’s coming to the end of warranty and I’m looking at getting rid.

List of recent issues

1.Drive shaft snapped off while driving on the motorway. Replaced under warranty

2.Water Ingress inside of headlight, Wasn’t covered under warranty as they said it had a crack on the underside of the unit, Presumably from going over either a pothole. Cost £1k for new headlight unit.

3. Cat failure replaced under warranty.

4. Sound bourne actuator failure replaces under warranty.

5. Last couple of weeks car sounds like a milk float on first gear could hear a whining noise gear box was performing as it should so didn’t notice any issues.

Went to the dealers for the noise and they called to say it needs a new Stronic gearbox and mentioned there also a leak so oil is low hence the sound.

Still at the dealers with no courtesy available.

Am I unlucky with my vehicle or is this the norm.

Sounds unlucky to me........had three S3's from new in last 4 years covered something like 35K miles and not needed any work at all warranty or otherwise

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Greetings

List of recent issues

1.Drive shaft snapped off while driving on the motorway. Replaced under warranty

2.Water Ingress inside of headlight, Wasn’t covered under warranty as they said it had a crack on the underside of the unit, Presumably from going over either a pothole. Cost £1k for new headlight unit.

5. Last couple of weeks car sounds like a milk float on first gear could hear a whining noise gear box was performing as it should so didn’t notice any issues.

Went to the dealers for the noise and they called to say it needs a new Stronic gearbox and mentioned there also a leak so oil is low hence the sound.

Very unlucky I’d say, but that doesn’t lessen the problems you’ve had unfortunately.

Sounds unlucky to me. I've got a 2015 S3 Saloon, which (touch wood) has been faultless.

But if I had that many issues, and it was coming to the end of the warranty, I'd be getting rid

Sounds unlucky, I’ve got a 17 plate S3 and in 8000 miles I’ve only had a it in the garage a few times to locate a issue with the fuel pipe that was causing a strange noise and vibration at certain rpm. Other than that no issues to report luckily.

Hope the garage gets your car sorted asap!

I would have thought you would be able to get a car from Audi as the s3 is still under warranty.
If the dealer wont give you a car get in touch with Audi customer services and see if they will arrange it for you.

Unlucky I’m afraid, had a 2010 A3 and currently a 2018 A3 and both had/have zero issues.

You got yourself a Friday afternoon car it would appear.

I would have thought you would be able to get a car from Audi as the s3 is still under warranty.
If the dealer wont give you a car get in touch with Audi customer services and see if they will arrange it for you.
Given the problems he’s had I would insist on a courtesy car and I wouldn’t leave until I was given one. They will only treat you as unimportant if you let them.

Reactions: KenL
Why have you not looked at rejecting it?

After how long into your ownership did problems occur?

And... No way would I have paid £1k for a headlight unit. That's taking this you know what!

Hi

Thanks for the suggestion I’m happy to have my car back.

New gearbox fitted with a bill of £5700 for Audi.

Unfortunately I have another issue. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

After the gearbox change there’s a strong vibration when setting off with your foot on the brake and crawling in traffic seems to go away as soon as you press the accelerator.

It’s almost like the vehicle biting point is not correct.

Went back to the dealers this morning was told the Stronic box would Bed in and learn my driving style.

They reset the adapatation and gearbox and there’s nothing else they can do which is a joke. The vibrations wasn’t there before the gearbox change.

Clearly the dealer is lying to you.

If this was true every new s tronic would have strong vibration when delivered.

Reactions: James__S3
Clearly the dealer is lying to you.

If this was true every new s tronic would have strong vibration when delivered.

Hi

Yes I’m thinking of going to a Indy to get a second opinion.

Does anyone know if the Engine mount or transmission mount needs to be removed with a gear box change and could this be causing it?

Greetings

List of recent issues

S-tronic gearbox goosed on my 18 plate S3, a lot of back and forth but managed a successful rejection (car was less than 6 months old). Many people have S3's without issues but like any mass produced cars, the odd duff one sneaks through.

seriously i would make them pay you retail out of the car, that is a nightmare car