disable/change auto stop/start settings

gjjr

Reaction score
Anyone near Milton Keynes with VCDS that could help me change the auto stop/start function as i keep forgetting to manually press the button when i get in the car, then the car cuts out as im pulling up to junctions and roundabouts!

Saw the following post which leads me to believe I need the second option "enable start/stop memory" so if the button is pressed to deactivate auto stop/start it will stay like that even once the car is switched off.

Module 09 > SA: 20113 > Adaptions > Read channel 34 >

You then have these options:

- subtract 4 from the value = stop/start off by default

- add 32 to the value = enable stop/start memory

- add 64 to the value = invert the light in the stop/start switch (light on when stop/start on rather than when off)

Anyone near Milton Keynes with VCDS that could help me change the auto stop/start function as i keep forgetting to manually press the button when i get in the car, then the car cuts out as im pulling up to junctions and roundabouts!

Saw the following post which leads me to believe I need the second option "enable start/stop memory" so if the button is pressed to deactivate auto stop/start it will stay like that even once the car is switched off.

Module 09 > SA: 20113 > Adaptions > Read channel 34 >

You then have these options:

- subtract 4 from the value = stop/start off by default

- add 32 to the value = enable stop/start memory

- add 64 to the value = invert the light in the stop/start switch (light on when stop/start on rather than when off)

Hmmm, that video appeared to show a coding line around 2 minutes in that said "Deactivation of start-stop function". I wonder what that does?

This is covered in the VCDS mods thread apparently ~#429 - and uses the voltage method.

Note to self - go for a decent run as the stop / start isn't cutting it! Cant believe the battery is only at 7.6V though!

ETA or there's this...

Module 09
Security access 20113
Adaption channel 34
Subtract 4 to turn it off as default or add 32 to use memory function.

I dont have VCDS or any other OBD plugins, so I wondered if there might be anyone around MK/Beds/Bucks who could help me out

Hmmm, that video appeared to show a coding line around 2 minutes in that said "Deactivation of start-stop function". I wonder what that does?

This is covered in the VCDS mods thread apparently ~#429 - and uses the voltage method.

Note to self - go for a decent run as the stop / start isn't cutting it! Cant believe the battery is only at 7.6V though!

ETA or there's this...

Module 09
Security access 20113
Adaption channel 34
Subtract 4 to turn it off as default or add 32 to use memory function.
Wrong car. Coding in this fashion is for a different platform

Reactions: 8YARWY
Pretty sure you can disable with Carista which is pretty cheap to get and easy to do yourself if you don’t find someone with VCDS. Means you have it for future use too. Worked on dad’s S5 but haven’t tried on my S3.

I'd like to know what parametres those coding apps change to make it happen before doing anything like that to my car.

The memory function I used is the most reliable and causes no issues.

I'd like to know what parametres those coding apps change to make it happen before doing anything like that to my car.

The memory function I used is the most reliable and causes no issues.

the memory function is what i want to set, so once i turn it off it stays off even once the car is turned off.

Splices into the stop/start switch loom, couple of wires, once you press the button 'off' it stays off until you turn it back on.

By far the best method.

Reactions: N.J.H
Pretty sure you can disable with Carista which is pretty cheap to get and easy to do yourself if you don’t find someone with VCDS. Means you have it for future use too. Worked on dad’s S5 but haven’t tried on my S3.
same as obd11... simple and effective, no splicing of original wires, just plug in and switch off... and buy credits of course... and you're left with a handy tool for finding faults and etc

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk