Disable Bulb warning lights using VCDS anyone?

FaisalFazeli

@S333FSL
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi,

would anyone be able to assist me if possible, how to disable bulb warning lights through VCDS?

I have changed them to Led white bulbs, yes, I have used resistors but it ruined the plug itself so now i have no choice but to somehow disable them as its really annoying!

thanks in advance

Buy led with CAN BUS chip on them, they will not report errors. I got mine interior in led with resistor, and on registration plate with can bus. No problem so far.

If you turn off in VCDS, you turn off all warnings in car. You can't turn off just warning for lights.

Oh right, these were apparently canbus error on the ebay ad, but it states 99.99% and i happen to be that 0.01% by the ebay seller so he sent me the resistor and lights gone but after a month or so.. Lights came back and checked the plugs and it was like this
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436787128622826

Is the LED same power like yours on fog lights? They might be stronger and also maybe without coolers on them, LED tends to get really hot during operating, this is why some LEDs have aluminium coolers on them.
Sorry but i dont know what i would suggest more :/

You need to buy decent ones mate, cheap ones are A crap and B dangerous as they can get hot and melt, there's an old saying 'buy cheap, buy twice' trust me I have learnt the hard way with lights, I went through 1 headlight because the bulbs melted the inside of the light, numerous bulbs that were suppose to be 'can bus' and a HID kit that was suppose to be wiper motor safe. I believe there is a chap on this site than can supply you with decent bulbs that will be ok. I don't know him though nor do I know his name, I'm sure someone will tag him soon!

I believe there is a chap on this site than can supply you with decent bulbs that will be ok. I don't know him though nor do I know his name, I'm sure someone will tag him soon!

@t8ups for all your LED needs.

Classic pin corrosion. You're need a new plug head there and will need to cut back to decent wiring.
Plug: 3D0 941 165 A (flat contact housing, 2 pin)

Reactions: t8ups
Cheers guy, yeah i didnt buy cheap ones they were a tad bit more expensive them other ones so thought they'd be okay :( but yeah will have to sort the plug out first then i'l get some leds from the chap tagged. Cheers guys anyway