Disable "Bulb out" warning for Licence Plate LED's

ion2211

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have LED bulbs for my licence plate and the "bulb out" warning light comes on intermittently.

It only seems to come on when the lights are turned on, therefore I assume, it's the Hot Diagnostic bulbs check.

Is there any way to disable this using VCDS?

Thanks

Not sure if you can code it out but i would say if you bought from @t8ups you will have no probs with ur lights as his are a canbus error free

Not sure if you can code it out but i would say if you bought from @t8ups you will have no probs with ur lights as his are a canbus error free

Thanks but I quite like the bulbs I already have, it's just a pity that they are not canbus.

Ideally i would just like to code it out using vagcom and was wondering if anyone else has managed this..

i never had to code them out on my 57 S3 due to getting canbus error free one's so not sure if they can be done through vcd's maybe chatting to @t8ups might help as he is the lights man and happily give you advice

I had that fault on mine but it was just a bad connection. All was good when it was parked but when i went over a particular bump or corner the warning would pop up on the dash.

I sorted this out with load resistor, snipped in parallel with bulbs on wiring.
This however caused the flash with computer bulb checks every 30 seconds.
All sorted now with relay and load resistor wired in.
No DIS warning and no led strobe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FYI, this is easily do-able with VCDS

Module 46 > channel 192 > change from 3 to 0

Only if had vcds and knew whats where.
Also, relay will sort out indicators and fogs and vcds will not

Only if had vcds and knew whats where.
Also, relay will sort out indicators and fogs and vcds will not

Fair enough but thread is specifically about licence plate bulbs.

Also, dont really like the idea of resistors.

Cannot be disabled on a6 c6 using vcds

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Had to fit resistors in mine when I fitted LED number plate lights, the LEDS use less voltage than the 12 v standard and therefore the car thinks there is bulbs out and flashes the light up.. you can buy new lights woth resistors built in or just buy canbus resistors online ..

Had to fit resistors in mine when I fitted LED number plate lights, the LEDS use less voltage than the 12 v standard and therefore the car thinks there is bulbs out and flashes the light up.. you can buy new lights woth resistors built in or just buy canbus resistors online ..
Led number plates work without any resistors, ones from a5 are good.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hi guys,

I have LED bulbs for my licence plate and the "bulb out" warning light comes on intermittently.

It only seems to come on when the lights are turned on, therefore I assume, it's the Hot Diagnostic bulbs check.

Is there any way to disable this using VCDS?

Thanks
I had the same issue, I selected an option in vcds that told the car LED bulbs were installed and now no more bulb error.

FYI, this is easily do-able with VCDS

Module 46 > channel 192 > change from 3 to 0
/resurrect
Tried security codes 16017 and 41067 to access the channel and VCDS would't accept them! Any ideas on this? A3 8P 2007