1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dis retrofit - the dreaded washer bottle sensor

Dan11 May 28, 2017

1. Dan11

Dan11 Active Member

So I've ordered a dis stalk to install on my car, and I am struggling to find where I would need to put the washer bottle sensor? Is it possible I have a bottle that it can't be fitted on to?

Once that issue is resolved, where exactly do the wires need to go? I've heard all sorts of stories about only going to passenger footwell or going all the way to the clocks, just a clear answer on this would be great!

If anyone has done the washer sensor retrofit and could share some advice that would be amazing!

Thanks
    Dan

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. SemedoB6

SemedoB6 Black and white a4

Hey buddy.. I've done this to mine..
    You can't fit the sensor without taking the washer bottle off the car.
    And the sensor needs to be wired to the clocks.
    Behind the clocks on the left side there's a blue plug. Pin 1 should be empty. That's where you connect one end of the wire that need to come from behind the glove box and center console to the clocks and the other sensor connection to. An Earth point..i used the screw under the washer bottle that holds it in place.
    If you need the sensor I have one with plug and a bit of wire connected to it for an easy wiring..
    Anything else I can help om here for you.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

4. SemedoB6

Or there's another option.
    You can wire pin 1 from the blue plug and earth it..
    That clears the error. But won't tell you when. You're low on fluid because there's no sensor present.

5. Jamie1087

Jamie1087 Member Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group S-line owners group

I'm considering doing this myself, but can't work out how to access the blue plug behind the clocks

6. SemedoB6

It'd very easy..
    Between the 3 buttons on the left and right of you clock you have a trim. Just pull it towards you and on each side there's a t20 or t25 screw..
    Remove those and the clock slides forward just enough to access the blue plug in the left side..
    For a bit more room pull the steering column towards you and down. You'll have enough room to unplug it and add a wire on pin 1.

7. Jamie1087

Jamie1087 Member Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group S-line owners group

Thank you

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

SemedoB6 likes this.