DIS not telling me brake lights out ?

cheech

Reaction score
hi all
can any one shed any light on why RETRO fitted DIS Is NOT Telling Me Brake Light Bulbs Out ?
i have the CHECK button... when pressed does all checks and says OK ,
but i Have a drivers side Brake Light out ?
is this down to Coding ?
Thx
Cheech

when retro fitting DIS do you require any thing other than a Dis Wiper Stalk and correct coding for car ?
Thx
Cheech

Not neccesarily down to coding or the DIS at all really.

I'm presuming you've changed the bulb, and it is still not working?

The reason I ask is that my father in laws 53 plate quattro avant had the same symptoms, and it turned out to be a voltage controller. He had no warning on the dash either, and replacing the bulb had no effect, so I scanned the car for him, but no faults found. I studied the wiring diagrams and discovered a voltage controller sends power to the rear light clusters, so replaced that which sorted it.

@tooks
yes replaced bulb All ok , was just wondering why i wasnt getting Bulb out warning as i thought Dis covered this ?
is there an extra module required to have Bulb warnings working correctley ?
thx
Cheech

I'd like to know more about this to because my retro-fitted DIS didn't tell me a brake light was gone

Same here, when I fitted two led brake light bulbs I got the Glow plug and the other warning light (I've forgotten) lighting. I new it was the bulb warning from previous posts. But the Retro fit DIS never informed me about the fault (It did tell me I am doing 54 MPG though)