DIS MPG figures

d5aul

Reaction score
Had my car for a few months now & done just over 2k miles in it, I am finding the MPG is not very good, when I work out the MPG I am getting an average of 34mpg /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif, most of my driving is town work so I am not expecting mid 40's.
My old Volvo V70 2.4 D5 was getting about 38MPG so would expect something near that from a new 2.0TDi.

The DIS readout is showing an average of 38mpg /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Anyone else comment on this?

so if you're not expecting mid 40s and you're getting 38...where are you expecting it to be?

My A3 as a comparrison gives an average of 48 over 99 hours, but I can cream mid 60s out of it on a drive.

I am not getting 38mpg, the DIS says I am but when I work out how much fuel I have put in & how many miles I have driven it works out about 34mpg.

On the way to work I manage to get the DIS to display an average of just over 50mpg, that journey is about 5 miles, mostly down hill but built up areas (30mph)
Going home it is closer to 30mpg.

DIS is always 10%'ish out and always on the generous side! Been discussed to death on here and other boards.

Only reliable method to work out consumption is the old fashioned, manual way.

[ QUOTE ]
DIS is always 10%'ish out and always on the generous side! Been discussed to death on here and other boards.

Only reliable method to work out consumption is the old fashioned, manual way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto but my 03 S4 was more accurate than the two 04 S4's I have had.

My A4 2.0 Tdi (Manual) never gets shows me less than 46MPG...and on a light run from work i can edge up to 58MPG. Usually without (ahem...) playing it settles around 50. Average over 1 year and 10.000 miles is 47.

By the way...a friend of mine with a VW had a similar issue...you might wanna check in the DIS settings that the computer is actually set to MPG UK not MPG US cause that would give you a lower reading.

figure will in my experience improve with mileage, not reaching best until 8-10,000, any one else found this? ive had two golf tdi,s (110 then 130) and an a3 tdi(140). all cars have done same thing.

My A4 went from about 44 to 47.3 over a year....that's the first year and 10000 miles