DIS fuel mileage Remaining

Geordie Lee

Reaction score
All,

I have just received a new 2.0tfsi quarttro black edition with s-tronic. I have done 700 miles in the car and using super unleaded petrol. However I have noticed that the DIS miles remaining on the economy setting is dropping like a stone. Filled the tank to the brim and it stated 365 miles. However I have drive c50 miles and the trip is indicting 290 remaining. I have been in steady traffic, some stop start traffic lights (although the top/start technology kicks in) and I am not doing any high speeds or accelerating hard. Is the DIS faulty or is the car using more fuel than any others on this forum or will it get better as the car runs in.

Just as an aside does anyone else is super unleaded and is it worth it (could this be the Dis fuel mileage issue?)

thanks

I don't know about your car but you should probably take the range with a pinch of salt as I've never had a car which is accurate, if you've drove 50 miles and its only dropped by 65 then that's not bad, I usually get half what's stated on the range

Thanks, but I have had audi before and they have never been so inaccurate. The difference is 75 miles vs 50 miles which makes it 50% inaccurate doesn't it.

I have a 170 tdi quattro and mine drops huge amounts at times e.g. i put £30 and it says 195 miles... i get around 120miles before empty, its all about averages.
Mine changes alot when im using the turbo for obv reasons (hard not to in a diesel though)

As for the super unleaded... personal choice really.
Wont make a huge difference using it at all, but wil get less fuel for your money. So its pros vs cons really.

If the fuel flap / handbook mentions 98 octane then it may be worth it. Our old A2 gave more mpg / range on 98 and it balanced out the extra fuel cost, our current A1 1.4 TFSI only mentions 95 and it does no better on 98.

My range figure is pretty consistent when filling up - its about right if I ran the car to empty, probably 50 miles short of when the light comes on. Not sure how far back the computer goes to work out the mpg but it seems to be weighted to the most recent journey(s).

It will be based on your average mpg so I'd start by checking how accurate this is over a couple of tanks?

I have a feeling the mpg can be adjusted with VCDS or by an Audi dealer once you have proven figures. I'm sure someone with more experience will be able to correct or confirm this?

All,

I have just received a new 2.0tfsi quarttro black edition with s-tronic. I have done 700 miles in the car and using super unleaded petrol. However I have noticed that the DIS miles remaining on the economy setting is dropping like a stone. Filled the tank to the brim and it stated 365 miles. However I have drive c50 miles and the trip is indicting 290 remaining. I have been in steady traffic, some stop start traffic lights (although the top/start technology kicks in) and I am not doing any high speeds or accelerating hard. Is the DIS faulty or is the car using more fuel than any others on this forum or will it get better as the car runs in.

Just as an aside does anyone else is super unleaded and is it worth it (could this be the Dis fuel mileage issue?)

thanks

It is a well known fact that audi allow for a 30% margin on the quoted mpg figures.My mpg is more like 40% less than quoted.No, it wont improve over time, and I wouldnt take a blind bit of notice what the dis tells you.The current mpg feature makes me laugh, ive had it tell me that im ddoing between 250mpg to 3mpg whilst cruising at 70.The fuel range feature always tells me that i have a range of between 590 and 650 miles, but i always need a fill at 420.The average mpg is also a load of ******xx too.Soz.

It will be based on your average mpg so I'd start by checking how accurate this is over a couple of tanks?

I have a feeling the mpg can be adjusted with VCDS or by an Audi dealer once you have proven figures. I'm sure someone with more experience will be able to correct or confirm this?

But how is the average calculated? I'm guessing its some sort of weighted running average over the last 'n' running hours.

On my old B7 (which was optimistic by a constant 10%) I believe there was an adjustment factor that could be applied by the dealer. My friend with same model was totally accurate on the DIS mpg. My B8 is probably 5% optimistic.