Dirty Stancing, Freight Training- 2.7T allroad

dirty_stancing_ben

Reaction score
Just a quick hello from me before I go to work and to introduce the new project/daily.

It's been in our hands for a while now but owned by a friend of mine, he decided that it wasn't right and so i snapped it off his hands! An opportunity too good to miss as far as i was concerned!

I'll leave you with some pictures for now and come back with a full update this afternoon/tomorrow.

Lots has been done, but even more to do before I'm 100% happy!

600636_10153585073415392_1713619285_n.jpg

1455974_10153555586565392_389762362_n.jpg

1458678_10153555915695392_919768171_n.jpg

1510933_10153588232640392_790248459_n.jpg

HAPPY NEW YEAR! x

Last edited:
Reactions: Carlisle v6 tdi, S2dicky and B5 BIKER
Really like the way this allroad looks, wheels look the spot on

its a shame this forum is pretty dead, but then i suppose that means theres not many people playing around with allroads, which works for me! The more unique a build the better i think!

So its about time i started updating this to tell exactly what has happened with my allroad.

Bought at the begining of the year by a good friend of ours for a very good price, loads needed doing and the first time i took it out for a drive it was without doubt the worst drive of my life! As many of you may know the airbag system on these allroads is far from reliable and the system on this particular example was completely shot! Ive driven many cars that rode on the bumpstops, but this was next level! Rebound would follow you for 1-200 yards down the road making it very difficult to hold a conversation let alone point the barge in the right direction.

A set of KW V3 coilovers for an A6 and a whole host of suspension parts to make them fit were ordered and replaced as soon as possible. Ryan from "Garage Midnight" had the pleasure of getting his hands dirty with this and i think its safe to say he didnt have a great time! getting it sat in the right possition without the upper control arms was a right old pain in the ****, but he managed to stop all the knocking!

1377049_10153274183005392_1873267222_n.jpg

The car then sat in the yard for easily 8 months without a whole lot being done, this is where i come in.

After owning a handful of VW Lupos, i decided that it was time to grow up and get a proper car, which would carry at least 4 people and ALL their luggage!
A price, which i couldn't refuse, was agreed and the car was transfered over to me. As soon as the money had been sent a set of Rota RM100's were fitted spaced out 35mm all round and I gave it a thorough wash.

Next on the list was to sort out the noisy CV joint, which turned out to be 2 noisy CV joints, the window which didnt go all the way up, new MOT and a fresh Tax, all 1 week before christmas! FEW!

We did a whole bunch of miles in project freight train over christmas, and apart from a few things which i know need doing I had no issues what so ever!! (touch wood) pulls like a dream, even with the stock engine and map, and the ride on the KW's is fantastic. solid but smooth!!

1476106_10153636207820392_1387813388_n.jpg

Our yard is rarely empty but this weekend has seen a mass move of a few of the cars. A photo opportunity that was not to be missed...

1526478_10153655817245392_771800472_n.jpg

on the right, Ryans mk5 Golf gti running around 560bhp and on the left (behind the allroad) latham's mk1 golf, mid way through a full rebuild and 20v 2L engine swap.

the mk1 left the yard today so then there was 2...

1535666_10153658730640392_1279751399_n.jpg

next up is a full service. I need to figure out when the cam belt etc needs changing. not looking forward to that as i hear its a BIIIIIG expensive job. A friend of ours is coming down sometime in the next few months to do some full mopps on our cars, so that should be the paintwork sorted and then to attempt getting rid of the scuffs on the arch liners.

I'm planning to look into what can be done with the stereo too. it being only a single din, and not much space for a larger headunit, it may be a case of an external amp or something.

If anyones got any ideas I would very much appreciate the help :D

hope i didnt bore too much!

Ben

Good work mate, I have to say I like this shade of green

As for stereo mine had the same single din unit that yours had when I first got it.

I changed it over to a double din unit which did involve a bit if work but nothing to stressful. I have a Pioneer Appradio in there with reverse camera and everything off my iphone works on the screen, I will get some photos up shortly

thanks man. for some reason i always end up with green cars... haha

thanks, that would be great. i wondered whether it would be an easy job or not, or whether the aircon unit from a b5 would fit as i know they come lower down

Nice to see a UK Allroad getting the treatment, the Yanks go mad for them!

I think you should stick the original RS4 reps back on though ;)

haha! they arent RS4 reps, theyre MTM's! and they werent mine. bought the car on the condition that the MTM's would be kept at my house but not used LOL
only set, apart from the standard 5 spokes that we had here that would fit were the rotas.

I'm quite a fan of them for now :)

Ah Yeh, I can see they're Bimoto's now, at first glance I thought they were RS4's with the centre caps missing... Lol

they did look great on the car, really understated, but they needed to come off. i'm sure something will come around again soon anyway and force me to change again haha

nice build ben! I'm sure I've seen the plate off the mk5 on E38?

you can do a double din conversion but you have to gut out the centre console and the retro fit the double din, climate and the cage that hold's it in. Im not sure if you can use the B5 items but they do look pretty similar, thats a car I'm currently breaking. Im hoping the rear disk setup from the b5 tdi is the same too, someone just wrote ours off after id just spent out on new gen vag bearings disks & pads :/

Thanks ben.

yeah the plate has been on a variety of ryans cars. he used to be 'Stanton" on e38.

ive looked into the double din thing, and apparently some of the c5's came with a double din, and you can get different climate control units that are lower down and accommodate for double din.

I will be looking more into this this week :)

Stanton as in mk4 zombie builder?!

mine has the RNS-e double DIN and dual zone climate underneath - thats a 54 plate 'final edition'. I can get you some pics if that will help?

if i had some stereo pins i could pull it and get you the part number of the clima below…which reminds me….

Hi Ben
I have a spare double din clima unit from a late 2002 C5 allroad, without heated seats. It's all working & in great condition. I took it out when I swapped out for recaros with seat heaters. I'd accept £75 for it....

Andy.

Stanton as in mk4 zombie builder?!

mine has the RNS-e double DIN and dual zone climate underneath - thats a 54 plate 'final edition'. I can get you some pics if that will help?

if i had some stereo pins i could pull it and get you the part number of the clima below…which reminds me….

yeah thats the one dude

pictures and any part numbers would be perfect! :D

Follow you on instagram mate (im Bullawayo)

huge fan of this!!

Thanks man! :)

Hi Ben
I have a spare double din clima unit from a late 2002 C5 allroad, without heated seats. It's all working & in great condition. I took it out when I swapped out for recaros with seat heaters. I'd accept £75 for it....

Andy.

i would need heated seat controls boss. thanks though :)

Yeah for the climate it is plug and play swap

Starting at the top you need to change the cup/switch surround as they are different

Then you need to get the whole centre console out, you need to change the radio mounting cage from a single din to double din item, no getting round this needs to be bought.

You should really change the whole centre console for the double din type as they are a slightly different shape, but I modified mine was a bit of a sod but do able

Then it's the different climate control unit and also a different ashtray

Then as all the is lower you need to either cut/mod your gear stick surround or get a double din one as they are lower at the back behind the ashtray

I hope that makes sense any questions mate just ask

been driving the Allroad a fir bit. completely love the old dog!!

Its helped some friends out in times of need too, so definitely paid its way :)

Latham's RS4 had a dead battery... (take the allroad to work day)

1014014_593697377376057_601351534_n.jpg

had some photos taken by a good friend of mine last weekend...

72884_593700647375730_1765981315_n.jpg

1800184_593699897375805_871000737_n.jpg

pintwork needs a good seeing to, but a mopping should sort most of it out

looking dope man, interior flash is always a nice touch on night time pics!

Did you get around to doing the clima swap? The reason i ask is mine threw a wobbler last week and gave up the ghost. I was just after a few pointers if you'd done it on how to remove the unit.

If your hitting it with a mop id highly recommend 3m ultrafina as a final hit stage, the finish is like glass.

keep up the good work :)

Thanks man.
I haven't done it yet no. I'll let you know when and if I get round to it haha

Thanks dude, I won't be mopping it myself though I don't think. Got a load of mates that are far more experienced in that field haha!

Easy ben, I don't know if your still on the hunt for a double din setup for your all road, but whilst on the hunt for bits for my A6 I've found one at a breakers in rotherham with the cage and heater setup still in.

Drop me a PM if you want the info.

got hold of an RS6 interior recently, but it doesnt have the loom to plug into the heated seats. however, there is a plug that isnt being used that looks as though i could plug my loom from the old seats into it.

does anyone have a 'this plugs into here... and this plugs into here' diagram for someone who doesnt really know what hes doing? haha

thanks in advance

Hi, do your old seats have heating in them? If so it should be a straight swap. Mine didn't so when i fitted my Recaros i had to get a dash loom from a crashed A6, strip out the seat heater part of it & add it to my loom. This then plugged into the controller & gave me the seat connections. For the rear seats you need to buy a loom extension that also plugs into the spliced in section of loom to power the rear seat heaters via the controls for them. In all it was about a days work.

my old seats do have the heated option, but it seems the new ones dont! bit of a downgrade for an upgrade tbh, but never mind.

Headunit is still unfixed as I'm yet to decide what to do. Would be perfect if i could find a single din symphony unit which i could just plug in, but my search has been unsuccesful! haha

new wheels and seats are in though, feels like a new car tbh.

Genuine 19" RS3 rotors. Should have waited for some A5 items, but these came up at a price i couldnt resist. 30mm of spacing and they still arent sitting perfect.

10171146_10153986904135392_461282656040160124_n.jpg

10277857_10154007703520392_1768386047681337788_n.jpg

Reactions: All-rod