Facelift Direct TPMS

MarttiMat

Reaction score
Hello all,

First thread here as I ordered an S3 back in December. Expected in March and cannot wait!

I know of the indirect tire pressure monitoring system that is standard on the 8V (for NA at least) and quite frankly was hoping for something a bit more accurate.

That being said, I was curious to know if anyone here has added a direct TPM system to their 8V? I would prefer the inside-tire installed wheel sensor as it would be less likely to be taken off and stolen than the valve stem cap sensor.

The interesting thing is there do not seem to be many trustworthy/quality kits out there... Here are two for reference that I found:

Car Auto TPMS Tire Pressure LCD Display Monitoring System Wireless + 4 Sensors | eBay

Bluetooth Steelmate TPMS Tire Pressure Monitor System For Smartphone CIG Display

Both are questionable in my opinion. Anyway, if you have any recommendations I would like to hear em! Cheers everyone!

Side-note: I am buying new rims and tires to go with the car. Due to this investment, I am looking to have more accurate readings to make sure I get the best out of the tires tread life.

Hi,

No experience of direct TPMS on Audi's but had a Tyresure system on my old Monaro which worked very well.

Hi,

No experience of direct TPMS on Audi's but had a Tyresure system on my old Monaro which worked very well.
Having just looked up reviews it seems that sensor battery life is an issue. I'd agree with that as I think I only got 18 months out of the sensors. It's very good whilst it works....