Dipstick

Rich76

Reaction score
Tfsi

Any one fitted a dipstick to it and know the part number?
I have the digital one and would prefer a manual one aswell

After months of researching, i picked up this part from ebay:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDI-VW-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

It fits under the bonnet and appears to match the digital reading, well close enough given it's an x/8 measure. No mods needed to the top of the dipstick for me.

Part numbers have changed over the years, this is the latest one i know of and have been using: 06J115610L

I have a B8.5 2.0 TFSI, 2012.

Screenshot 20190406 193507 eBay
I also need a dipstick but unsure of which one to get as there's various different ones for my 2012 2.0 tdi 143bhp b8.5

Ebay says this one fits but seller is unsure

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDI-VW-NEW-GENUINE-A3-A4-A5-TT-GOLF-EOS-PETROL-4-CYLINDER-ENGINE-OIL-DIPSTICK/201926822181?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

It fits under the bonnet and appears to match the digital reading, well close enough given it's an x/8 measure. No mods needed to the top of the dipstick for me.

Part numbers have changed over the years, this is the latest one i know of and have been using: 06J115610L

The part number you've given there (06J115610L) appears to be for the dipstick tube. The dipsick is 06J115611L.

Still ain't got 1 no1 can help with no part numbers with mine don't have as it never had 1

Does anyone have the part number for the 1.8tfsi dipstick or can the 2.0tfsi part number be used ? Picking my car up tomorrow so this would be the first thing to purchase- cant wait

The dipsticks on ebay is very pricey for some reason.

I just got similar one for the S5 last week (looks the same but another part number), quoted the part number I found on ebay and it was cheaper from audi direct, paid £11 in southampton Audi which was nice.
I would phone your local audi and quote the part number that ebay article shows as may be cheaper again, then just check the fit in the car park, if it doesn't fit, you can walk back in (after cleaning it) and tell them it doesn't fit and would like a refund :p

Reactions: InvincibleA3
The dipsticks on ebay is very pricey for some reason.

I just got similar one for the S5 last week (looks the same but another part number), quoted the part number I found on ebay and it was cheaper from audi direct, paid £11 in southampton Audi which was nice.
I would phone your local audi and quote the part number that ebay article shows as may be cheaper again, then just check the fit in the car park, if it doesn't fit, you can walk back in (after cleaning it) and tell them it doesn't fit and would like a refund :p

Very Nice ! Would have loved an s4/s5 - im thinking to stick an s4 rear diffuser for a dual exit.

Il be popping over to them this week so will feedback on the price for the b8.5 dipstick along with the Audi Service Pack (so expensive) lol

Reactions: Meemo
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDI-VW-NEW-GENUINE-A3-A4-A5-TT-GOLF-EOS-PETROL-4-CYLINDER-ENGINE-OIL-DIPSTICK/201926822181?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I also have a B8.5 2.0 TFSI and have found exactly as you have said. Only difference is I got mine from TPS for £20.86 inc VAT - so a saving over the eBay price. Many thanks for the information.

Reactions: InvincibleA3
I also have a B8.5 2.0 TFSI and have found exactly as you have said. Only difference is I got mine from TPS for £20.86 inc VAT - so a saving over the eBay price. Many thanks for the information.

Did you pick it up recently? i was told they they are now only selling to the trade, which is not ideal as i'm not in the trade! Glad it was helpful and you saved a bit of cash.

How are you finding the dipstick in comparison to the MMI indicator? Yesterday i found the soft ware to tell me oil level was 7/8, while the dipstick showed it the level was slightly over max.

Did you pick it up recently? i was told they they are now only selling to the trade, which is not ideal as i'm not in the trade! Glad it was helpful and you saved a bit of cash.

How are you finding the dipstick in comparison to the MMI indicator? Yesterday i found the soft ware to tell me oil level was 7/8, while the dipstick showed it the level was slightly over max.

You're right about TPS - fortunately I have an account with them but I believe even the Audi Main Dealer price is less than that eBay price. My MMI indicator is saying 'Oil level OK' with the bar graphic showing max. whilst the dipstick is showing marginally over the max. line.

Reactions: Meemo
same on mine MMI max with no complaints of too much oil, and dip stick was over the max line, more than I would of liked.

I actually extracted 300ml even though MMI did not complain, it is now maybe 2/3mm over the max line on the dipstick and still registers max on MMI.
I like to think that means the dipstick is very accurate and the MMI has a high tolerance for overfill :S