Q5 Dipstick for a Q5?

twentyroyals

Reaction score
hi. god knows if i am in the right section. but i own a audi Q5 3.0 tdi quattro . and i was wondering can a dipstick to check oil be found anywhere to buy . also does anyone know why a automatic car would stall every time i come to a stop . it feels like the the car wants to keep driving when im stopped . any ideas would be helpful . oh its a 2009 model by the way

Suggest speak with your local dealer about obtaining a dipstick in the first instance.

Regards why the car "stalls" every time you stop - are you sure its not the stop/start kicking in? I'm assuming on a Q5 this can be switched off (you'd need to check the manual for how to do this), but remember it resets itself to "on" every time you switch the ignition on.

Hi thanks for the info . But my q5 does not have a stop start function in it

Can't be that then! (Audi must have brought in Start/Stop on later models).

I think you need to have a word with your dealer/mechanic, there could be any number of reasons why the car would stall, could be the injectors need a clean or re-sync, tickover may need raising, the auto clutch may not be releasing properly, EGR valve may be sticking perhaps - its hard to diagnose in all honesty, may be none of those. A mechanic could no doubt pinpoint and advise.

Sorry I can't help further

Local Audi dealer told me there is no OEM dipstick for my '17 Q5 3.0T. I am looking for something aftermarket.

According to a quick question to Mr Google your Q5 does have start stop?

Also why would you need a dipstick when you can check the oil level from the on board computer. Appreciate you need to warm the car then turn off but a quick trip to the shop will be enough