Dipstick - 2.0 TDi 170 CAHA Engine

MarkWizard

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi guys

Bought a dipstick for my Allroad as didn't want to rely too much on the MMI - genuine part 03L115611E.

The only problem is that it doesn't fit all the way in (not a complaint I normally have). The dipstick tube on my car has a bung on the top but fits underneath the engine cover.

I've read some vague piece on the web about some engines having a longer tube to therefore the dipstick is higher up.

Does anyone know if I can / need to buy the longer tube or whether a shorter dipstick would do (which one?) or have the length so I can chop this one down?

Thanks

Mark.

I just bought the adjustable Sealey one to check oil level during an oil change and use the MMI the rest of the time. The Sealey one is just a copy of the official Audi workshop tool and has adjustments to let you use it on different engines.

I just bought the adjustable Sealey one to check oil level during an oil change and use the MMI the rest of the time. The Sealey one is just a copy of the official Audi workshop tool and has adjustments to let you use it on different engines.
Thanks Mario. Does it specifically state the CAHA engine regarding the different measurements. Also does your engine have the dipstick tube under the cover or does it protrude above it?

Cheers

Mark.

All it has is a scale with measurements in mm on it and you adjust it as per this guide to set it for different engines....

pefY90Mh.jpg

Also, my dipstick tube is under the plastic engine cover.

All it has is a scale with measurements in mm on it and you adjust it as per this guide to set it for different engines....

pefY90Mh.jpg

Also, my dipstick tube is under the plastic engine cover.

Thanks mate very helpful. Please would you do me a massive favour? Can you measure the distance from the setting ring to the min and max levels? Then I can chop down my dipstick to the correct length. Really appreciate it thanks

I'll pop out to the garage tonight and have a look for you

Right, from the base of the adjuster to the 0mm (min mark) is exactly 520mm and then to the max mark (24mm up) is 496 mm

Right, from the base of the adjuster to the 0mm (min mark) is exactly 520mm and then to the max mark (24mm up) is 496 mm
You're an absolute star mate. Much appreciate your help!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reviving this thread in the hope that someone has found a part number for this dipstick as i’ve tried 2 that were supposed to fit and neither has so far!