Dipstick : 06J 115 611 E

Scott.T

Reaction score
I have read that dipstick: 06J 115 611 E is suitable for use in the 1.8 and 2.0TFSi as an alternative to the MMI. And that it can also be left in place unlike the service tool used by the dealers.

But where can I source one in the UK ?
Ebay has plenty of 06B but no 06J items.

I don't think the is an Audi part but from another VAG vehicle hence I do not know which of the group to approach.

Google search the part number and take it from there, can't comment on this fitting though.
JG

Any VAG dealer can order it in.

You may have to cut a circle out your engine cover if you want to leave it in.

Google search the part number and take it from there, can't comment on this fitting though.
JG
That's how I found the info mate. I didn't just randomly select some numbers;)
But no hits were clear on a source for one. I can find plenty of suppliers of other variants but none start 06J.

That's how I found the info mate. I didn't just randomly select some numbers;)
But no hits were clear on a source for one. I can find plenty of suppliers of other variants but none start 06J.

Have you tried TPS, worth a go.
JG

I got mine from Stoke Audi by mail order, Dave from Stoke Audi posts on here so just look him up and drop a message to him.

£14.73+VAT from TPS.
I should have it Friday.

Reactions: RS5 JON
£14.73+VAT from TPS.
I should have it Friday.

Hi can you let me know how u get on with this. I was told there was not a dipstick for the 1.8tfsi and would like one myself

I just don't understand why so many people don't trust the mmi. I check my oil every week with it and have trusted it 100%. I've only had to top up once when it was quite low and stuck in a quarter of a litre which brought up to just below the max mark.

Considering all the issues floating around about oil consumption and as I am new to the scene, I know what I would prefer.
The MMI seems far to complicated and subject to change dependant on how long you wait for it to read, how often you open the bonnet, warm car, cold car etc....etc.....

A quick dip with a stick is what I'll be doing until I can gain any confidence (or not) in the MMI

Considering all the issues floating around about oil consumption and as I am new to the scene, I know what I would prefer.
The MMI seems far to complicated and subject to change dependant on how long you wait for it to read, how often you open the bonnet, warm car, cold car etc....etc.....

A quick dip with a stick is what I'll be doing until I can gain any confidence (or not) in the MMI
What engine have you got just out of interest? I've got the 1.8TFSI (160) and it doesn't use much oil at all. The 2.0TFSI is the problematic engine for oil consumption. To use the mmi all you do is once you have the engine up to operating temperature, park on level ground, turn engine off, wait 2 mins, turn the ignition on (press key in as normal but don't press down the clutch) and then select check oil level on the mmi.

I've got the 1.8TFSI 160 and mines was using 1 litre for 390 miles!! Luckily I got a free rebuild just recently so just waiting to see if it's sorted for good

I've got the 1.8TFSI 160 and mines was using 1 litre for 390 miles!! Luckily I got a free rebuild just recently so just waiting to see if it's sorted for good
****** hell! 1 litre in 390 miles! That's the first 1.8TFSI I've heard of with an oil consumption problem. Glad to hear you got it sorted though.

2012 1.8TFSi
The 1.8TFSI is a sound engine but as MartyA4 has just posted it might be worth keeping an eye on your oil consumption since you've not long had the car lol. I'm sure it will be fine though. Welcome to the forum by the way.

Considering Scott has the 2012 1.8TFSI as his display pic I'm assuming this is his car which is the revised model not only on looks but engine wise too, the newer shape A4 doesn't suffer from the excessive oil consumption so rest easy Scott lol

Considering Scott has the 2012 1.8TFSI as his display pic I'm assuming this is his car which is the revised model not only on looks but engine wise too, the newer shape A4 doesn't suffer from the excessive oil consumption so rest easy Scott lol
Cheers mate. Thanks for the reassurance.
I'm used to doing all servicing myself although this one will be on a service plan once it's 3 years old as it's the newest and most expensive car I have ever bought.
The next most expensive was a 3 year old impreza back in 2002 which is now tucked up in the garage and is my true love (sad !!!!).

But I like to keep my hand in with getting to know the Audi and will probably still do bits myself and just use the service plan for oil changes and a stamp in the book.

It's always handy to know the ins and out of your own car. A good bit of knowledge can save a lot of money but like you said the stanp is the important thing lol

I have an early 2011 S4 and the first thing I bought for that car was a dipstick, to be honest, I'd have to dig deep in my brian to remember how to check the oil via the MMI. For me the thing is, why would I want to begin a journey then stop for a few minutes when the engine had heated up - just to check if the oil level is okay, that and other things are what I would do before I started the car up - not that mine uses oil, but it is good practice to check all the fluid etc. For what it is worth, while my car is still on the original Audi variable servicing settings, I replace the oil and filter after a year (mileage used tends to be low) and hand it in to get the roughly 2 year services and the book stamped, though just how long I continue to feel the stamp in the book remains to be seen as with all previous, even bought new cars I tended to do all the out of warranty servicing my self.

Reactions: elpeterol
You can check it at any time as you drive along as the MMI keeps taking snap sots whenever the conditions are right.
But I am lucky to drive a TDI so it never drops all the way down the display in between oil changes ;)

You can check it at any time as you drive along as the MMI keeps taking snap sots whenever the conditions are right.
But I am lucky to drive a TDI so it never drops all the way down the display in between oil changes ;)

I know that does that, but for me that is not the same as finding out what the actual oil level is when the engine is not running, that is the only condition that the reference level can be checked at, the running engine MMI readout will always be lower and in my experience not too consistant - ie snap shots under changing conditions.

Last edited:
Hi to all fellow Audi lovers, Im a new member dipping my toes in these forums, unsure if im starting in the correct place?
I recently acquired 2.0 tfsi s line 09 100K miles very nice motor clean & tidy seller put 12 mths m.o.t. on it sailed through.
I have a few questions to ask has anyone else had any similar experiences.
Sometimes when trying to pull away when roads not excessively wet i get the front wheels hopping for grip inherent fault with front wheel drive but seems excessive? tyres are still serviceable so thinking suspension related as when accelerating hard & turbo kicks in front lifts & steering becomes vague any one experienced similar?
Also reading the oil consumption posts I would like to know is there a mileage & year exemption on Audi considering the engine rebuild issue?

Thanx in advance for any informative help.
Davmar