Dipping Passenger side mirror on reverse

monkey66

Reaction score
I have tried every which way and god knows I have even read the manual but I cannot make this work.

So either it is an option I dont have or I need help.

All I did was:

1) Switch ignition on
2) Twist knob to the left mirror position
3) Stick car in reverse
4) Adjust the position to point down towards the kerb.
5) All done - now when car is in reverse it will automatically go to that position. (Make sure you have left the knob in the left mirror position. If you move it to the centre, or to the heater mirror position, for example, then the auto-dip won't work)

All I did was:

1) Switch ignition on
2) Twist knob to the left mirror position
3) Stick car in reverse
4) Adjust the position to point down towards the kerb.
5) All done - now when car is in reverse it will automatically go to that position. (Make sure you have left the knob in the left mirror position. If you move it to the centre, or to the heater mirror position, for example, then the auto-dip won't work)
Thats what I have tried twice but no joy. Is it an option or standard?

Unless you have the folding mirrors or the memory pack then your car isn't equipped with it.

You also have to keep the mirror selector set to the left mirror, shift to reverse and then adjust. Once you're back in drive it should move back to normal driving position, but again, this is only if you have the option. You also have to have the selector set to the left mirror whenever you put it in reverse for it to work.

There is the answer, no folding mirrors or memory pack.

I wonder if it can be an OBD fix?

Reactions: DarGri
There is the answer, no folding mirrors or memory pack.

I wonder if it can be an OBD fix?

That'll be why... I was able to activate it on my B8.5 but it would never work correctly and would return to odd positions or not return at all and was very inconsistent. It was possible to activate though!

That'll be why... I was able to activate it on my B8.5 but it would never work correctly and would return to odd positions or not return at all and was very inconsistent. It was possible to activate though!

I'll try it on mine tomorrow and report back

Reactions: Daggerit