Dilemma do I just change the engine

Joshstan

Reaction score
Hi all I have been having oil pressure trouble on my APY s3 I have tried changing the oil pump and pickup have done 2 oil and filter changes and replaced the pressure switch and still get beep beep beep every time I drive it as soon as it hits 1500 rpm and have just started to get a tap coming from where the cam chain tensioner is I am now at my wits end and considering taking the engine from my golf gti and dropping it into the s3 before I do so are there any last checks I can make or things to try
also if I do decide to do the swap how much labour is involved is it a case of front end off and start I bolting or a little more involved cheers

What about the oil pressure relief valve? Pump and pickup all tight and sealed?

Pump and pickup are all tight and seals and what of the pressure relief valve how do I get to it buddy?

Just had a look and i think its actually part of the pump on your engine. There is a none return valve in the oil filter housing that you could check. Are you using genuine bits?

Hmm that's not good I have used all genuine parts ie oil pump filter and switch I used 5w40 vw audi oil
I'm gonna take the valve cover off tomorrow and see if anything in there is mashed up if so im gonna have myself an s3 with an agu engine

Have you actually checked the oil pressure with an external gauge. That should have been done before changing anything.

Yeah sorry forgot to mention that I had it checked at a local Indy and he said it was low and advised me to go and clean the pickup pipe but I didn't think to ask exactly what the pressure was though