Dilemma - B9 S4 or B8 RS4

The dealer was able to reduce the Apr manually himself. Think I got below 5% and a decent final value. So their is room for negotiation.

I want them to just stick a new gearbox in it and give it back. Keep looking at other RS4s and not found one with the same spec or condition within my price range.

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
The dealer was able to reduce the Apr manually himself. Think I got below 5% and a decent final value. So their is room for negotiation.

I want them to just stick a new gearbox in it and give it back. Keep looking at other RS4s and not found one with the same spec or condition within my price range.

Well, it's absolutely ALL on them mate. You'll be back in one soon. Hopefully yours. They've lent you an S6 so they'll surely be wanting to resolve this soon.

Motonovo doesn't actually show a pcp rate. Just 'dealer arranged' and other mortgage backed options etc. But I didn't know Audi could drop used apr below 9.9? I've seen anything between 9.9 and 12.9.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went in with my own finance figures and asked them to match it and they did. Think some dealers are able to offer finance from other companies. In the end they get their money. Worth asking about other finance if available. Try moneysupermarket for car loans. Gives an idea of what is arouns.

They still have the S6 I have as available for sale at the dealer. So it's in thier best interest to get it resolved as I am putting more miles on the car.

Well, it's absolutely ALL on them mate. You'll be back in one soon. Hopefully yours. They've lent you an S6 so they'll surely be wanting to resolve this soon.

Motonovo doesn't actually show a pcp rate. Just 'dealer arranged' and other mortgage backed options etc. But I didn't know Audi could drop used apr below 9.9? I've seen anything between 9.9 and 12.9.

I had 3.4% audi approved used last year via blackhorse with 50% deposit

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I can't remember who it was on here that mentioned the RS4 at GC Motors Harrogate but does anybody know Alexanders Prestige APR rate? cheers.

It was moi, I bought an RS4 from GC Motors, pop via north ridge at 4.2 APR

It was moi, I bought an RS4 from GC Motors, pop via north ridge at 4.2 APR

Excellent. How ya doing mate? So North Ridge is the finance company ja?

I'm possibly selling mine, it's had full DRC replaced and now sunroof with cassette which means having had these issues sorted and balance of warranty till 2018 March it's a good buy, anyone interested?

I had 3.4% audi approved used last year via blackhorse with 50% deposit

50% deposit. Exactly I aint that rich unfortunately.

Off to Alexanders tomorrow to inquire about PCP buy out and APR. Ready for a slap in the face but worth it to drool some more over their stock

50% deposit. Exactly I aint that rich unfortunately.

But it shows they will shop the market outside of audi finance if they want a sale. They might want the sale for many reasons - time of the month, can't shift the car, want your part ex for a customer.....

But it shows they will shop the market outside of audi finance if they want a sale. They might want the sale for many reasons - time of the month, can't shift the car, want your part ex for a customer.....

I stand corrected. Your point in principle is right. Shopping around for some ammo to take with me to that conversation haha.

So. Popped along to Alexanders (couple of photos below) and as usual, excellent staff. Warm welcome etc. They buy people out of their PCP all the time but usually best at half way mark they said. Or even make some overpayments to get there sooner.

APR is dependent upon cars age more than miles on used PCP. Learned a few things. With protected PCP the customer is in a better place than they used to be with settlement etc. About 6-7% was their average. Still can't see details on motonovo website but as @DeanoC said, mainstream dealers, although less flexible, can indeed alter the APR quite a bit dependent on their motive.

Going to message dealer down south to tell him the plan/intent and see if it's worth exploring.

But, good to know there's a local option. It was a Sazuka Grey RS4 so not my colour but I dunno...it just looks so mean. So much more about it than my S4. Even though my interior is stunning.

d446ef97d0f6d2a5203d2a664e32c987.jpg
d283bf1e2fe6fc7844684db23fabf8da.jpg
1f741226a9551f8d340700e0369bbea3.jpg

Reactions: Keef
Well looks like tomorrow I will be placing an order for a new S4. After a lot of thinking and driving another RS4 and a new S4. I have gone for the S4 with a lot of options. Did help that my local dealer has done a very good deal for me. Only downside is having to wait until November for the car.

I've just bought a b9 S4 avant for the "family"....I have to say it is a phenomenal car to live with on a daily basis. It will never embarrass you in any company with 4.7 to 60 and the cabin is just such a pleasant place to be. It makes a fantastic sound, not snarling or brutal but purposeful and powerful. I absolutely love it, but then again I enjoy the understated Q car concept. I've owned everything from e46 m3 to a 911 and I've driven the awesome 4.2 b8 rs4. I totally agree it's a special car with that engine, but it really is showing its age and I guarantee you will feel every bit as special everytime to press that button in your b9 s4! Enjoy whatever you decide. Regards Leigh

Reactions: Riko0073 and Thundercliffe81
I've just bought a b9 S4 avant for the "family"....I have to say it is a phenomenal car to live with on a daily basis. It will never embarrass you in any company with 4.7 to 60 and the cabin is just such a pleasant place to be. It makes a fantastic sound, not snarling or brutal but purposeful and powerful. I absolutely love it, but then again I enjoy the understated Q car concept. I've owned everything from e46 m3 to a 911 and I've driven the awesome 4.2 b8 rs4. I totally agree it's a special car with that engine, but it really is showing its age and I guarantee you will feel every bit as special everytime to press that button in your b9 s4! Enjoy whatever you decide. Regards Leigh

Great write up

Reactions: Keeperlit
Have just sent a long letter to the dealer I got the RS4 from asking for a full refund as if I had never had the car. This includes full refund on the tax, car insurance and first finance payments. Hopefully they will respect my request. In the mean time I will be placing the order for the S4 tomorrow and then look for a bike to get me to work and back.

Who are you ordering the S4 through....the same dealer? Never show a your cards!

Who are you ordering the S4 through....the same dealer? Never show a your cards!

Hell no.... will never go near them. Getting the car from my local Audi which I trust and done a very good deal that I cannot refuse.

Here we are then. First thoughts? I think it looks awesome. Truly. For some reason, the V6 suits it better than the RS5 but still missing what we all wanted. I think, as a package though, this makes more sense than the RS5.

5609b090c5c5b82c357ee62f25470f48.jpg
115cc52adfd2d8811545371d585c073d.jpg

It does look nice but starting at £70k!!! some nice options like the RS5 and will be silly mone. Thats a £25K jump from the S4 to just get 100PS or so more. Could probably modify a S4 to be better for less

Saying that if i won the lottery then i would probably get a fully loaded one.. :)

I guess that's what you expect with a RS. Time to start saving (B10 or B11 would be out by the time I could afford one though, barring a lottery win).

It does look nice but starting at £70k!!! some nice options like the RS5 and will be silly mone. Thats a £25K jump from the S4 to just get 100PS or so more. Could probably modify a S4 to be better for less

Saying that if i won the lottery then i would probably get a fully loaded one.. :)

What?! £70k???? Is that official? Surely not.

Over 100k fully specced. The S4 like all other sub-top performance cars that get modded across the board aren't fully equipped mechanically as the models we want them to be.....thus invalid warranties, over stressed parts and owners, this is my uneducated opinion though.....be warned!

Changing the dust caps can invalidate a warranty nowadays

Reactions: Terminator x and Thundercliffe81
Over 100k fully specced. The S4 like all other sub-top performance cars that get modded across the board aren't fully equipped mechanically as the models we want them to be.....thus invalid warranties, over stressed parts and owners, this is my uneducated opinion though.....be warned!

I wouldn't put that kind of cash into my S4 anyway. Even a remap. It can't be £70k though. The RS5 was always more than the 4?

Just read that the sports diff is optional? Pistonheads review. Can't be? Audi are milking this generation of buyers.

Seems unlikely when it's standard on the RS5.

More what you'd expect given the RS5 pricing. Did they say whether the sports diff really is optional or not?

More what you'd expect given the RS5 pricing. Did they say whether the sports diff really is optional or not?

Yeah it's standard mate. Not sure where Top Gear and Pistonheads have got that from.

This explains some stuff
459179635bba4b823e9b048418a4c658.png

I got my info from dealer Yours telling you different?

My dealer (service assistant) said she had an RSQ7 in the workshop