"Digzz" Work In Progress :

ill put up a build thread next weekend :)
ordered a haynes manual too which should come in handy
How long did it take for the parts from audi and germany to arrive?

ill put up a build thread next weekend :)
ordered a haynes manual too which should come in handy
How long did it take for the parts from audi and germany to arrive?

Parts where ordered from the UK with the warehouse being in Milton Keynes it took 1 day or same day.
Wiring harness took about 5 days ....as it comes from Europe.

How much did it cost you to fit the LED xenons mate? did you have to get washers and everything installed?

How much did it cost you to fit the LED xenons mate? did you have to get washers and everything installed?

Well my whole front end cost around £600 to do everything which included my LED xenons being installed. I have no washers or auto levelling. As My M.O.T Guy is friendly...:eyebrows:

Can i ask where you bought the lights that cheap? I dont think i would have them without the washers though, as much as i want them!

Can i ask where you bought the lights that cheap? I dont think i would have them without the washers though, as much as i want them!

Nah mate ....That's what I paid for the whole conversion. The lights cost me between £600 - £800

what year is your car looks good, i note you hav'nt listed the slam panel as being needed, did you not have to change this?

what year is your car looks good, i note you hav'nt listed the slam panel as being needed, did you not have to change this?

My car is a 53 plate ...the slam panel comes with this : 8P0 805 588 L -Lock Carrier with mounting for coolant radiator -Comes with headlight sockets -£206.95

Hey digzz

Just joined coz I seen your transformation as I am now going to be doing :)

Would just like to say thanks for taking the time to list all the bits needed and the codes for use with Audi when ordering.

I am now on the hunt for all my bits starting with the 2011 front bumper (I assume all the later bumpers including the black edition are the same)

My car is a 2004 3.2 Quattro a3 (double grill model like yours) but I want it all looking 2009-2011 :)

What I did notice is that you got a s3 rear bumper, is there any reason why as I thought they were all the same except for the bottom splitter part.

Thanks again pal :)

Hey digzz

Just joined coz I seen your transformation as I am now going to be doing :)

Would just like to say thanks for taking the time to list all the bits needed and the codes for use with Audi when ordering.

I am now on the hunt for all my bits starting with the 2011 front bumper (I assume all the later bumpers including the black edition are the same)

My car is a 2004 3.2 Quattro a3 (double grill model like yours) but I want it all looking 2009-2011 :)

What I did notice is that you got a s3 rear bumper, is there any reason why as I thought they were all the same except for the bottom splitter part.

Thanks again pal :)

Yes all the front bumpers from 2011 onwards are the same....Should fit no problems....

Yes S3 bumpers are the same as S-lines ...just a different splitter at the bottom.

I noticed summat about the wings and the fitting of them and you posted a video but it's no longer viewable.

I will be fitting all my parts myself so any help and pointers would be much appreciated.

I noticed summat about the wings and the fitting of them and you posted a video but it's no longer viewable.

I will be fitting all my parts myself so any help and pointers would be much appreciated.

Your best bet for advice for the wings is to talk to member​
a3_sline_tdi As he has done the same Facelift by hand himself ...As I've given my car to a garage to do ...

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me what parts are needed to put he new style door mirrors on and how to do the job so that they work with the indicators, been trying to find something but cant find full details.
Cheers

how did you get round the fog lights as the plugs on the facelift ones is different to the earlier ones?

You have to get a new plug if it ain't the same.

Do you have the part number and what was the cost?

What's the Part number for the fog light ? And what type of bumper are you installing ? eg. S-line, S3,Standard

I've said the same Ash mate, thinks diggz is waiting to get it lowered and custom sub install sorted before we see any more pics... I can tell you its lookinggood though! Popped down to see me other day..........

digzz this thread needs more photos :wub: :p

I know ..lol ....

It's coming soon very thou.........I've been doing a lot of mods recently. :eyebrows:

What It Do !!! ASN

It's been a long time since I've given any updates .....So I thought I'll build it up and let everything out all in one big bang ... :yahoo:

Let's start off with some fool not looking before he took off in his car.

This was the end result to my car :

iMSBIz8QErcNM.JPG

Damage was not that bad ....as I was only going at 30 mph ....

Damage was : Wing, Head light , Front Bumper, Alloy Scrapped

I also had some tyre damage as the wheel arch liner was scraping when I tried to drive it.

1 day after the accident I picked this up from enterprise :

igDT8gGoXGpGA.JPG

1.4 Vauxhall Corsa Sri

Looks great .....But obviously it's a Vauxhall so drives like pants ..... Hence the word "Looks can be deceiving"
I even could feel the drive shaft with my feet when I turned the wheel...lol

They eventually picked up my car for repairs 4 - 5 days after the accident ......they said 2 weeks ...but something inside me thought otherwise.

I had a Black Edition frame grill in my garage for some time..as I wanted to change it with the chrome version a currently had on my car ..........So I thought I might as well make them fit it as I was having a new front bumper on any how.....

They charged me £20 ...which was cool...

4 weeks later I picked her up:

ibf3VfdHOPBnOU.JPG

Now when I did pick her up , something looked different at the front.

I couldn't believe what my eye's where seeing :hubbahubba: A New S-line bumper that I didn't request. As I had the standard sport bumper before this .....so I was very pleased with the job.

Here is a low down on parts and what was changed:

ihkRRLT5Y4q8m.JPG

I have got to say they did a great job of repairing my car and I can't fault them on one thing.

Now back to my Mods.......

Now I wanted to update my stereo As I had a standard "Audi chorus radio"

I thought about rns-e for like a year or so .....but every-time I thought about it... I wasn't really feeling it...

the lack of touch screen, functions, and screen quality and sound made me think after-market.

Plus the fact that loads of cars Eg. Toyota yaris .. are having apps and smart phones inter linked into there cars.

First of all I was going for a Alpine touch screen head unit, but then I saw the Pioneer App radio ...and then it was a wrap.

iboBmZLBgKQ1qD.jpg

App Radio 2

I also bought a Pioneer Mono Amp also .....

url

As I was collecting all these bit's a pieces there comes a time when you need a person to install everything at a nice reasonable price.

No over priced hazydayz prices here....

Ash aka "itwasntme" was here to help me install everything.

I also had my PDC module for my rear parking sensors to be installed:

iyMya8hhgEVpL.JPG

Also Coming Home Lights with Fogs & L.E.D's Lights module :

img2438r.jpg

Ash aka "itwasntme" Hard @ work on my car :

icjdEaBFvWO0a.JPG

Pioneer Amp Hidden out of view:

ibgp6ETYJAGaxA.JPG

As for a Sub-woofer I went for was a simple 10" Apline Sub with a custom moulded box. Made by : Car Audio Entertainment | Security | Satellite Navigation - Sound Evo Ltd, Vehicle Consultants, Watford, Hertfordshire

ibfLsRAyQBq8gV.JPG

I also took out that Audi OEM Sub ...... As my Sub would sound so much better......

I've already before hand replaced all my door speakers with some nice Alpines mid range speakers.

I've also replaced my door trims with some Aluminium brushed ones :

ij1bD4f8lYl1d.JPG

Coming Home Lights with Fogs & L.E.D's Lights installed by "Ash" As this is standard on cars 2008 - 2012 but mines a conversion.

Then finally lowering my car as it's been sitting so high for like a year now......

Here's my old rusty springs :

i0Q2L8bGxxKWh.JPG

In with some new eibach sportline springs fitted by AMD - Essex :

url

I have to give a Shout out to Ads .......As everything he stated in a thread which I can't remember which one ...now ....had him
talking about the wait time to get his sportline springs fitted and what they had there in the room to kill time eg. PS2 old CRT TV .

And also the advice to go to the lakeside shopping centre to kill sometime .....which I did ......I bought a couple of things and had some ......Tacos for lunch.

ixp4E9yvLYBl.JPG

4 hours later she was lowered .........

The only problem I had from the install was my screen wipers stop working on the way back home ....As AMD did not tighten the nut properly on one of the wipers....so I had a very dirty screen on the way back home on the M25.

Other then that it was fine ....with..A lot Less body roll with corners.

Now here comes some pics I took the other day @ Waterloo ....

There not the greatest pics as my friend just bought a new camera the other day and didn't have a clue on how to operate it. lol

iCXAgl53qsRhg.jpg

ibxPtSMOEK85hg.jpg

imitSGUu0SDUa.jpg

iUnyPhItUQY12.jpg

ibtoeDFqRVVK3B.jpg

iYfkvG1TJEH0H.jpg

iboFDNSQp9KPeb.jpg

ibjsOCEwCJbiAX.jpg

ibsngwdSSwRiPV.jpg

iDVFq61a9JqlE.jpg

ibdYchg77vD7h9.jpg

iOWv4r8nolFF3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
ix2BmUudNs2mI.jpg

ihM6NCvQuzAd7.jpg

iEodVpEb5dxRN.jpg

iE3YaCc70qe7C.jpg

Once again a special shout out goes to Ash aka "itwasntme" ......and everybody else on ASN !!!!!

Peace !!!!

Lol so what model toaster oven did ur friend use to take those pictures.
Car looks mint, side skirts and you're there I think. How good is the sound system? Can you make an audio video please? Not feeling the leappad on the centre console.

My friend used a Cannon SLR. Side skirts will be coming soon...... Sound system is great sounds so much better then the OEM.

But I do need to get Ash to look @ it for me ....for some reason my rear speakers have stopped working.

Don't know about making a audio video .....Bass mite crack the screen ...:laugh:

lovely update with loads of stuff done... will come round soon to sort out those rears for you, and thanks for kind words.

Love this pic!
icjdEaBFvWO0a.JPG

you even got my carbon wrapped laptop in there :p

looking really good lowered! how is the ride like around london on that height now?

The ride is great ...less body roll ...I'm just getting little scraps now and then from my under tray with humps like this :

ibh09A3DwEoFPp.jpg

The other type of humps are cool thou.....