"Digzz" Work In Progress :

~RS~ is that your white audi?

No mate, mine can be seen in my signature pic. The white one belongs to a guy in the US iirc. Nice car that!

nice conversion there...love it!

Do you have to have new wings/bonnet in order to fit the new style DRL xenons headlights?

nice conversion there...love it!

Do you have to have new wings/bonnet in order to fit the new style DRL xenons headlights?

Yes.....

when will you put the spoiler lip?

Until I save up for the other part needed. I didn't realise I needed another part until you pointed it out. Do you know how much the other cost?

Until I save up for the other part needed. I didn't realise I needed another part until you pointed it out. Do you know how much the other cost?

Offcourse mate. Here's the price, quoted from Audi in Slovenia:
8P0 071 609A 9AX (two-part front spoiler) - 296,86€

what a thumping read! learnt alot from this thread alone...

deserves a bump!

Looks proper good that mate :) really good job :)
Really love that lip too, expensive though!

Hi Digzz

I like your car and especially your rims !
Where did you find these model with black color ?
I'm very interested .
Thanks in advance

Michael

Hi Digzz

I like your car and especially your rims !
Where did you find these model with black color ?
I'm very interested .
Thanks in advance

Michael

Ebay

I thought I give a little update on a little mod I did a few weeks ago.......

Gloss black Exhaust tips .....Sprayed by my self .....Fitted by my dad and his brother.

img1849y.jpg

img1843l.jpg

img1841m.jpg

I've Also received this Baby to be fitted on soon by non the other Then NHN ...
img1852k.jpg

Damn this looks sick! What is your total £ spent so far?

Thats some quality info and work there Diggz,well done

PM Me a Price Buddy ..........

Looking brilliant mate!

Cant believe what youve done! Where did you get your wheels?

Im thinking of getting blacks but wasnt sure about black rims on a black car but those are lovely!!

Looking brilliant mate!

Cant believe what youve done! Where did you get your wheels?

Im thinking of getting blacks but wasnt sure about black rims on a black car but those are lovely!!

Thanks......I got them from Ebay........

Digzz, the upgrade you have completed is stunning!

I need your advise, I own a 54 A3 Sportsback and had an accident front end ( Nightmare! )

Anyway, I have bought a full front end of a 2010 A3 in order to facelift! Easy I thought!!! Nope nightmare!!

I've sent the car into the body shop with the complete front end of the new shape A3 thinking 2 weeks job sorted however they have come up with a problem, The new shape wings don't fit the inner wing of the car? How did you get your wings to fit?

I can't use the old wings because then the lights won't fit and the bonnet gaps are too big.

Please can you advise because this is driving me up the wall!

They do fit, except for the top 3 fixings under the bonnet, the 3 brackets have to be adapted slightly & possibly weld a rivet nut sunken in place for one of the fixings as the old wing fixings arent the same as it goes from a 4 point fixing to a 3 point, any decent bodyshop should have a panel beater with weld equipment to fix them to the inners, so if they cant fit, then go somewhere else.

Sorry yes the wings fit but not completely. I was hoping 2 out of the three fixings would fit without the need of welding however I don't think thats the case. Also I notice the wing doesn't sit at the correct level (as the orignal wing ) due to the depth of it. How do you get round that?

Sorry yes the wings fit but not completely. I was hoping 2 out of the three fixings would fit without the need of welding however I don't think thats the case. Also I notice the wing doesn't sit at the correct level (as the orignal wing ) due to the depth of it. How do you get round that?

Well the work shop I sent it too ....Just Pushed the wings down until it was all aligned up. It didn't need any welding at all.

Could you do me a favor and post a pic of your inner wings?

So are your wings bolted in using the fixings of the wing ( without any mod to the wing? )

Thanks again

Could you do me a favor and post a pic of your inner wings?

So are your wings bolted in using the fixings of the wing ( without any mod to the wing? )

Thanks again

Yes ...No Moding was involved. I'll take some Pics tomorrow and put them up.

Now Ive seen this comparison a few times in different posts and I can honestly say I can see almost no difference between the two airbags?
laugh.gif

It's just a Silver ring .....Nothing Special at all......

Sorry to say, there is no way they fixed the new wings to the existing inners without modding the brackets or the inner wing fixings, I know this 1st from Phil who was the 1st to do & 2nd myself who had to do the exact same thing, afaik 2 brackets needed slightly adjusting as in holes elongated & 1 bracket has a new rivet nut sunk into the inner wing, whatever is done, there is 100% some form of modding required, old wings have 4 fixings in different locations with no brackets, new wing has 3 fixings with U brackets.

Sorry to say, there is no way they fixed the new wings to the existing inners without modding the brackets or the inner wing fixings, I know this 1st from Phil who was the 1st to do & 2nd myself who had to do the exact same thing, afaik 2 brackets needed slightly adjusting as in holes elongated & 1 bracket has a new rivet nut sunk into the inner wing, whatever is done, there is 100% some form of modding required, old wings have 4 fixings in different locations with no brackets, new wing has 3 fixings with U brackets.
This is 100% correct as I have done this myself, the fixing closet to the front panel fixes in the original fixing and the other 2 brackets need to be moved to suit them. Case closed.

Reactions: mozza1202
Spot on thanks for that!!

I think i'm nearly there with the wing. Hopefully problem solved!!

Now onto the the next problem ( or in your case not )

I see the wings don't have side repeaters and woudn't pass an MOT without therefore new mirrors required, however how do the repeaters work? did you need to get them wired up?

I will post some pics this coming week of the transformation!

New door modules, rewire the door looms, recode to suit along with the newer style mirrors themselves, I have a full monty set with folding, covers, leds, auto dimming glass, heated etc.

Spot on thanks for that!!

I think i'm nearly there with the wing. Hopefully problem solved!!

Now onto the the next problem ( or in your case not )

I see the wings don't have side repeaters and woudn't pass an MOT without therefore new mirrors required, however how do the repeaters work? did you need to get them wired up?

I will post some pics this coming week of the transformation!

Well....I've already installed the L.E.D. Mirrors .....When I did the install in May ......I have New Door Modules Ready to be installed I just need NHN to Re-Pin the Door Module ......I'm hoping and Praying NHN will come threw ...very soon.to sort this out. As it's driving me a bit mad sometimes ..as people don't know I'm turning into a Road.......Plus My M.O.T is coming up very soon....

As NHN Has stated or you could do what this guy has done :

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/new-a3-s3-sportback-8p-chassis/94762-facelift-mirrors-fitted.html

Last edited:
I know, sorry about today mate, emailed you with reasons.

Anyway you'll be smiling soon fella, guaranteed :)

Hmm, gutted.... This is a problem!

Not a cheap fix, I'll be honest I haven't thought this one through.

Whats the cheapest and easy way to complete, I know this goes against everything I'm doing but It could be a hole in the wing!!!