Digital Service Record...

cuke2u

Reaction score
As I now can finally see my digital service record in both the MyAudi web portal and the phone app I thought I'd share my experience in how to get this in pre SOS vehicles, before MY18 in the UK.

Before the new, beta, version of My Audi came out I was able to see my service record ok, with both the web and the phone app version, called Audi Connect at the time. When Audi introduced this new portal of accessing a vehicle online they put in a more seure method of verifying the owner of the car, called a key holder, and with MY18 and on cars this is done by the dealership at purchase.
However, because I purchased my vehicle in 2016 this could not done, as it wasn't needed. Thus I lost access to my service record.

So if you have a vehicle of a similar age firstly you need to register your local Audi dealership and assign them as your sport, audi, service reminder and sales partner with MyAudi. Then, if you can't see your service record, you may get the following message on the MyAudi website:

"Enable required
To experience the full range of myAudi features, save your Audi partner and ask your partner to set you up."

Now you will need to contact this partner and request they make you the key holder of your vehicle through the My Audi Go system.

Once this has successfully been completed you should then receive emails confirming you as the key holder to the vehicle and, hey presto, you should be able to view your service record again.

A little long winded but in a way Audi had to bring in this form of verification of ownership because with the MY18 and on vehicles there is more accessibility to the car's systems and security.

Reactions: VTEC_Killer and rasA4
When I login I see this message on the landing page now,

Audi A4
Enable additional vehicle information

Allow your Audi dealer to define you as the owner of the vehicle, in order to experience the full benefits of myAudi.

Define as owner

Contact your dealership partner and ask them to set you up as the vehicle's key holder through the My Audi Go system. A salesperson has access to this...

Mine bend over backwards to help, even though this procedure also seemed new to them.

I have just got access to my service record today as it happens, I received the email telling me it was activated last Friday.
After a few discussions with my Audi dealer they activated me as the owner. They didn't know what I was talking about at first and told me I would need to take the car in! I persivered and we got there.
My car is a B8 with Audi Connect, I don't have the same level of connectivity as you B9 boys

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

As an aside I don't recall the dealership doing anything to confirm ownership in this context when I took delivery last December

What did occur to me was that it seemed to rely on the owner's honesty the delete thier account when it came to selling the vehicle

Reactions: tickedon
If everything is working properly then then it might be a automated process for MY18-on vehicles. As mine was purchased before this new security came into being this would not have been done..

As I recall it was a two stage process,

Firstly you needed to create an account on the audi portal with the chassis number. This then gave you a PIN which I then entered this into the MMI while waiting for the salesman to arrive on the handover day (you could obtain the chassis number in advance from the jsn file described in the track your order thread). This gave you access to the special destinations, etc.

To get the remote vehicle locking/unlocking to work you needed to enter another code which in my case came with the second set of keys.

Reactions: PabloManc
Yes the procedure for SOS equiped cars has been a well documented procedure, often as not though rather challenging for some...

I have just got access to my service record today as it happens, I received the email telling me it was activated last Friday.
After a few discussions with my Audi dealer they activated me as the owner. They didn't know what I was talking about at first and told me I would need to take the car in! I persivered and we got there.
My car is a B8 with Audi Connect, I don't have the same level of connectivity as you B9 boys

I am having the same discussion now - they say they want me to bring the car in.

There is no need for the car to go anywhere. The dealerships first request was for me to take the car to them when I raised this. In the end, after discussing this with AudiUK the dealership agreed that wasn't needed.

If I remember correctly your car is a pre-owned? It maybe the selling dealership hasn't registered you as the key holder and the previous owner still is...

Last edited:
Before they updated the app. I could view the service history no problem. Since the new do everything app was rolled out I lost the service record. I did wonder if it had anything to do with GDRP?

There is no need for the car to go anywhere. The dealerships first request was for me to take the car to them when I raised this. In the end, after discussing this with AudiUK the dealership agreed that wasn't needed.

If I remember correctly your car is a pre-owned? It maybe the selling dealership hasn't registered you as the key holder and the previous owner still is...

thats a point

Good job I found this post, had the same issue, no S&S module meaning no key user agreement. Went down to the local dealer, showed them my A6 v5, they updated their records but myAudi still asking to define user via the dealer. After a few back and forward calls, one of the sales guys managed to sort this out, so all good at the end but bit of a ballache!

Reactions: rasA4 and cuke2u
Good job I found this post, had the same issue, no S&S module meaning no key user agreement. Went down to the local dealer, showed them my A6 v5, they updated their records but myAudi still asking to define user via the dealer. After a few back and forward calls, one of the sales guys managed to sort this out, so all good at the end but bit of a ballache!
Need to do mine shortly

Just called Warrington Audi about mine, the lady on the phone seemed to know exactly what this was and will pass it over to a salesperson to sort.

Reactions: cuke2u
It’s a shame that those of use without the SOS still can’t have the ability to lock and unlock the car. I hoped the update would allow this.

That's because it uses the SOS dedicated Sim to communicate through the SOS module to the car. Obviously if you've no SOS then it cannot work. I am in the same boat.

I’m considerimg retrofitting it. Although I’m not sure on what Audi will say about that.

Reactions: rasA4
Not sure if you can, but good luck if you try and keep us informed. The issue you will have is that SOS, or eCall, may need to be registered with Audi's servers for security. However as your car doesn't have one originally this might be problematic.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-te...e-automated-emergency-call-car-tech-explained

There is a eCall dongle by Bosch that can be used but obviously this will not have the same features.

Just called Warrington Audi about mine, the lady on the phone seemed to know exactly what this was and will pass it over to a salesperson to sort.

That was lucky... took me over 4 months, multiple phone calls and emails to get mine sorted with Warrington Audi. Had to go to Audi UK complaints in the end to escalate it.

Maybe I went through the pain, so you didn’t have to!

I’ve thrown in the towel on this. My dealership have set me up twice as the key user but I’m still unable to see my service record. Audi UK keep spouting out the usual rubbish about the relevant team looking into it and it will be resolved as soon as possible.

All this seems very strange as to why it’s taking people so long to get it sorted.

The guy in the service department just added my car to the system on either Audi Go or MyAudi Go and was working in under 5 minutes.

The only thing I had to do was send a copy of my ID and V5 and change the preferred partner to the garage.

You would have thought that the service staff would have been briefed about this.

I think because it is the responsibility of registering the new car is by sales. But yes you would think it had been shared though..

Reactions: rasA4
Thought i'd go in person to an Audi dealer this time not asking for service and spoke to a Sales Agent he knew exactly what i required. didn't take no more than 10 minutes i brought my V5 along however he only needed to see my driving licence, he showed me it working on the app also.
now i can finally see my digital service history.

This problem has stumped several dealership. However I had my pre SOS sorted at Milton Keynes Audi. I now have fully functioning myAudi showing all my digital service history. A big shout to Audi Digital as well

Just been into my Audi dealer, they verified my info and activated me as owner. I then got a “myaudi - verification confirmed” email. But when I try and check info on the app and website I still get “contact Audi partner to be set as owner” :/

Just been into my Audi dealer, they verified my info and activated me as owner. I then got a “myaudi - verification confirmed” email. But when I try and check info on the app and website I still get “contact Audi partner to be set as owner” :/
How long ago was it activated? Mine did take a few days, maybe even a working week.

What year is your car?