Digital Service History

firebits

A4 Avant Sport 1.4 TFSI
Reaction score
I am due my first oil service already. I will get this one done at an Audi Dealer as (hopefully) I will finally receive a long awaited software update to cure my trip counter and fuel computer resetting itself randomly (and frequently).

My question however is what if I want to get my services done at an independent garage? How are services able to be recorded without a service book?

Good independents can also record onto the Audi Platform, so the history is maintained regardless.

Reactions: Thundercliffe81 and firebits
Great, cheers! Can good indies also perform MMI and other software updates?

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
So emailed the Audi dealership for a booking on Friday, no reply. Called yesterday, someone will get back to me, they never did.
Called again today, was told again someone would get back to me. Having explained that no one has responded to my email or yesterday's phone call I said that I'd just go elsewhere. 20 minutes later I got a call... 11th of January they offered. I declined as I will exceed the scheduled mileage by then. They replied that only an Audi dealership could update the online service history and reset the service intervals on the car.

**sighs** Remember when we just changed the oil ourselves? #ItsNotRocketScience

It went to an Indy today, a good garage that I have used for years. They say they can update the online service history just fine, I will check on Monday.

One thing though is even though the service interval has been reset, I am still getting the nag. How do I make this go away?

Attachments

• IMG_3846.JPG
    IMG_3846.JPG
    1,000.9 KB · Views: 230