Q5 Digital gear selector - D to P

AudiGuyReturns

Reaction score
My dealer has told me parking, I must go from D to N then press P, as going from D to P will damage the transmission. Is this true?

My dealer has told me parking, I must go from D to N then press P, as going from D to P will damage the transmission. Is this true?

Hmm…..new one on me. What engine/box do you have? The 7speed S-Tronic I have on my RSQ3 I have never had to do that. The only possible uncertainty I know of is,is it required to put the box into N,when stopped for a length of time,rather than just hold the car on the brakes,as you would on a torque-converter auto.? I know I always put mine into N in theses circumstances,as I did on my R32 before that. Anyone have the definite answer on that one? Sorry to hi Jack your thread.

Rubbish lol

page 75 of the official Q5 manual

A05BA0D2 96EF 46E7 A03B 06C231E293DE

I guess that pretty much settles it. So when you take it straight from D to P, does it automatically disengage D? Or is is it in both?
Disengages D else the car would try to creep and kinda defeat the reason for having a parking mode :)