Digital dashboard views

JezzaA

Reaction score
What views do you get on the dashboard?

On all the pictures I’ve seen/found you always seem to get a separate Speedo and Rev counter. On my current cupra ateca you get an option to have the Rev counter in the middle with speed showing within it, do you get this option on the a3/s3?

As an aside does anyone know whether the a3 manual is available online/available as a pdf? Can’t seem to find one anywhere. I need something to read whilst waiting for my s3 to arrive!

Reactions: Sparks43 and auzzam_crd
Hey bud, not seen a view like that on the new models. I know apparently the s3 vorsprung do come with an additional dynamic view.

I did a video a while back on the different screens. Hope you will consider subscribing for other A3/s3 content!

P.s. not sure on the manual, you can usually view it from the app but you need the car linked in order to see it.
Auzzam

Reactions: JezzaA
Hey bud, not seen a view like that on the new models. I know apparently the s3 vorsprung do come with an additional dynamic view.

I did a video a while back on the different screens. Hope you will consider subscribing for other A3/s3 content!

P.s. not sure on the manual, you can usually view it from the app but you need the car linked in order to see it.
Auzzam

thanks for that, very useful!

Reactions: auzzam_crd
Plenty more good stuff coming up bud, keep the notifications turned on :)

Did you go for any optional extras? Chances are I've filmed them too lol

Plenty more good stuff coming up bud, keep the notifications turned on :)

Did you go for any optional extras? Chances are I've filmed them too lo
Went for red callipers, c&s pack and wireless charging. With the 19” alloys and the turbo blue paint that was enough!

Reactions: auzzam_crd
What views do you get on the dashboard?

On all the pictures I’ve seen/found you always seem to get a separate Speedo and Rev counter. On my current cupra ateca you get an option to have the Rev counter in the middle with speed showing within it, do you get this option on the a3/s3?

As an aside does anyone know whether the a3 manual is available online/available as a pdf? Can’t seem to find one anywhere. I need something to read whilst waiting for my s3 to arrive!
If you're setup in My Audi online you can then view the manual

Also can the digital dashboard display instantaneous mpg in numbers (like the average mpg) or you can only see what instant mpg the car is doing only with the white bar going from 0 - 40 - max?

It took me long enough to read that book! At least it gives me something to read whilst waiting for it to make its way across the North Sea.... how long does it take for them to stick it on a boat...
Before Brexit - no time at all. Currently looking at four or five weeks though I believe. Bad weather hasn't helped either apparently. I'm in the same boat (no pun intended) - car is now built and it's all about when it can be shipped. Dealer is 'hopeful' of end of April, but it's currently taking longer than that.

Be careful what you wish for, the A3 manual set a record for being the longest: https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/audi/a3/353556/audi-a3-owners-manual-longer-lord-rings
I’m confused by this. The article claims that the A3 manual is second only to Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince in length. I have both books and, holding them side by side, the 8Y A3 manual is about one third the thickness of the HP book (with only about 300 A5 sized pages). Are they talking about the 8V’s manual? Was that longer than the new one?

Last edited:
Does the digital dash show an engine temperature gauge ?
Yes it does including the S3 - Now that Analogue dials have gone, we no longer have the stupid waste of time boost pressure gauge

Reactions: Maddave
Also can the digital dashboard display instantaneous mpg in numbers (like the average mpg) or you can only see what instant mpg the car is doing only with the white bar going from 0 - 40 - max?

Current / instantaneous consumption is shown via the white moving bar. There is also an option to show the average consumption from the short term memory of the trip computer alongside this. Personally find 5he latter more useful than the former.

Current / instantaneous consumption is shown via the white moving bar. There is also an option to show the average consumption from the short term memory of the trip computer alongside this. Personally find 5he latter more useful than the former.
Thanks, assuming max on the 12" displays are 80mpg and higher, while on the smaller 10" VC, the max denotes 50mpg upwards? It's a shame I prefer being able to see (for instance) it's doing 63-65 mpg going 50mph. Likewise the digital speed in numbers distract me, wondering if I could turn that off and just keep the 'dials'. Maybe that's just my preference as all 3 previous cars had it in numbers. Once I get the there might be a way in the menus. Or i might just need to read the dreaded manual for bed-time reading :readit:!

Thanks, assuming max on the 12" displays are 80mpg and higher, while on the smaller 10" VC, the max denotes 50mpg upwards? It's a shame I prefer being able to see (for instance) it's doing 63-65 mpg going 50mph. Likewise the digital speed in numbers distract me, wondering if I could turn that off and just keep the 'dials'. Maybe that's just my preference as all 3 previous cars had it in numbers. Once I get the there might be a way in the menus. Or i might just need to read the dreaded manual for bed-time reading :readit:!

The display is quite configurable however the manual tells you how to do this rather than show every option. Basically in the mmi you have the option to choose between the type of main display you want ie couple of different options for the dials and a more type o of bar arrangement. You then use the buttons on the steering wheel to configure some additional displays according to which sub menu ie trip computer, nav, media you are in.

I found these way was just to look at each option and stick to the one I liked the best.

I’m pretty certain there isn’t an option other than the bar display for the instantaneous consumption which by the way turns green when the car is recovering energy but you can turn off the digital speedometer

Why are there no pictures on this thread?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: demirkapi