Digital Compact Tips

Nilz

Defo worth the wait :)
Reaction score
Right, some of you know I was after a decent Digital Compact, so eventually opted for the Panasonic TZ7, I have it now, but wanted to know if anyone can give any decent hints or tips on getting some decent pics.

Thanks in advance
Nilz

Depends on what sort of pics you're wanting to take really Nilz.

The auto mode and the intelligent ISO mode are good as are some of the preset scenery modes. I have a TZ3 but its pretty much the same to use.

For low light indoor stuff use the inteligent ISO setting. If you want to do some night stuff without flash then use the night scenery mode. The camera will have options of how long to leave the shutter open so just pick one to suit what you like. The longer you leave it open the more detail you will have. You have to make sure you leave it on something solid/tripod so it doesnt wobble. I've only ever used the night scenery mode on mine once (I use my DSLR for that stuff normally) and it was pretty good.

Are you encountering a few problems?, if so post some up and let us know what you're doing and I'll try and help you out.

T

Cheers for this Tom, I took a few pics from the meet tonite, but they just all came out really dark, and yes the flash was on before anyone asks..lol!!

im not too clued up on the ISO and Shutter thing, so any more info on that would be great mate.

Cal, i'll give you a ring one of the nights, or next time we meet, we can go thru a few of the settings.

FM, what do you think??

What Memory Card did you go/are you going for?

so far so good Ive got a sandisc extreme in it atm but im going to try either a play class 6 card ( about 14 quid for 3 x 4gb) or my dads 16gb PNY one but I think that is class 4 but worth a punt as they are £17 for a 16gb card :)

might get to try out some pics and HD video this set off work :) been reading loads on av forums

ok was at footy this weekend and got these just messing 1st half i used ia then put it in sport mode and seemed better little and large form other side of pitch half way up

P1000117.jpg

idea of where the pic was taken from
they were over the rhs between area and center circle
P1000107.jpg

video is too big to upload on photobucket :(