Difficulty Selling my S3

Benjaminimum

Reaction score
I recently got a company car so need to sell my S3 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif It is in very good condition and has doen average millage - but no one seems to be interested?

Its a W reg 2000 S3, in mineral grey. It has 59500 on the clock. FSH, MOT, TAX. 4 new tyres - and I even paid to get the CAM belt changed - because last time I sold a car at nearly 60K everyone asked about this.

This is it on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V...:L:EOISUA:UK:31

I had a reserve of 10K which is what I was hoping to get.

Any pointers to why it is not selling? Are S3s not in demand anymore? I really thought I would sell it easily.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Cheers for any advice anyone can give...

Ben

If i had some spare cash i'd buy it! nice car the price looks spot on at £10,000 maybe its just a bad time of year. Tempted to flog mine and make you an offer!!
Goodluck

Only thing that stands out is it's not a facelift.
Wouldn't bother me, but some people are picky.

Personaly I am not keen on the face lift ones - dont like the chrome mirrors or the centre console - yuk. but I guess other people may want the latest stuff etc...

Whats weird is that another S3 of same reg and similar spec is going for 9.5k on ebay at the moment. Not that far off my asking price - yet no one bid that for mine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

An awful lot of people don't like buying off ebay, I for one would never ever buy a car off ebay.

Have you considered just putting it in autotrader?

Sounds like good value to me mate - I'm quite tempted to sell my TDI and
take it off your hands!!

I'd put it in autotrader & list it on the website and in the for sale section on this forum. Also theres a few other VW / audi related sites that might have a for sale section, tyresmoke.net is one i've heard about from people on here but i've never visited it.

Personally, I wouldn't put a lot of faith in ebay buyers - I keep hearing bad reports on people bidding but not buying.

Plus - winter is always a slow time to sell cars - a bit like houses in that respect.

Mike

It has been in autotrader for 3 weeks. The last 2 for 10995... maybe thats just a bit too much - but was expecting people to knock me down to 10?

So do you think its worth putting on autotrader again for 10k?

Maybe I should wait until after xmas...

If anyone here is interested /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif.... ahem.

Ben

Mate,

Trust me, its just the wrong time of year to be selling cars which are of that kind of value, i managed to sell my S3 after advertising for 9 weeks!!!!!

Stick to your guns, your colour is very desired amongst S3's im sure youll be shot of it soon!!

Good news and bad news!

It sold on pistonheads in just a few hours! Thank you ever so much for pointing me to the web site Adam!

I sold it for 9900 - which is a bargain for the buyer I think. Wish I could have held out for more - but it has been up for sale for over a month and I lose money on it each month what with the isnurance etc.

Bad news is.... I've sold my S3 :'( no more fun driving it. Now I have to trundle about in my slow diesal Passat.

Thanks for all the suggestions /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Cheers,

Ben

[ QUOTE ]
Good news and bad news!

It sold on pistonheads in just a few hours! Thank you ever so much for pointing me to the web site Adam!

I sold it for 9900 - which is a bargain for the buyer I think. Wish I could have held out for more - but it has been up for sale for over a month and I lose money on it each month what with the isnurance etc.

Bad news is.... I've sold my S3 :'( no more fun driving it. Now I have to trundle about in my slow diesal Passat.

Thanks for all the suggestions /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Cheers,

Ben

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice one!!! I've bought and sold on there, top site!

..might be looking for another S3 myself actually - now weather has turned.

Adam

cant believe all you got was £9900, a steal. I have a 99 in yellow I'd laugh if someone offered me that but then it aint for sale. Hope you get over the missing S3 and get used to the Passat, is it brand new, I like the shape and styling very nice all you need to do is get it chipped and your on your way....

Its the new style Passat. 1.9TDI. Comfortable to drive and looks ok. Bit plasticy inside and the 1.9tdi is not particularly quick. Its a company car though - so free, no tax disc, no insurance, maintenance etc

I also get over 50MPG which has got to be good and as an extra sweetner to make it easier to make the move I treated myself to the Dynaudio stereo upgrade /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif 10 speakers - sounds very nice - much nicer then my old bose concert - and that was pretty good.

but.... I am still going to miss the S3 - the classy hot hatch /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif