Different B9 versions

Frankiejr26

A4 40 TFSI BE ordered 29th June
Reaction score
Can someone clear up the following for me please. It sounds as though there have been three B9 variants; 2020, 2020 facelift and 2021 facelift. Is this correct? And if yes what exactly is the difference?

I have ordered a facelift version that I assumed was 2020 facelift which meant I got touch screen rather than the scroll dial thing and a few extras as standard (tinted windows etc.) but now I am getting 2021 version and clueless to what the actual differences are now.

Is there an easy way to compare the three specs:
40 TFSI BE C&S 2020
40 TFSI BE C&S 2020 facelift
40 TFSI BE C&S 2021 (facelift?)

Overall I am sure I will be happy regardless but it just seems so confusing comparing them.

The facelift model is known as B9.5, regardless of it being a 2020 or 2021MY.

It's the same with the revised A5 range, that also has a point-5 to signify its mid-life refresh.

Reactions: Frankiejr26
The 2021 is a facelift that involved new panels from the roof down, tweaked suspension, different infotainment systems and hybrid engines, whereas the earlier one was just a minor refresh...

Almost....

1. The facelift A4 was first released in the 2020MY, having been announced in 2019. 20201MY went into production last month.

The 2021MY (over the already facelifted 2020MY) simply had a slightly more powerful Mhev and increased PS to some engines as a result. Grey or beige dashboard to compliment grey or beige seats and artificial leather headrests. This was for age UK market. US territories had heated rear seats and steering wheel as standard.

2. The only carried over panels from the B9 to the B9.5 were the roof and the boot lids (Avant and saloon).

The facelift takes the A4 to a completely new vehicle due for release in 2022 for 2023MY build.

Reactions: Frankiejr26
Almost....

1. The facelift A4 was first released in the 2020MY, having been announced in 2019. 20201MY went into production last month.

The 2021MY (over the already facelifted 2020MY) simply had a slightly more powerful Mhev and increased PS to some engines as a result. Grey or beige dashboard to compliment grey or beige seats and artificial leather headrests. This was for age UK market. US territories had heated rear seats and steering wheel as standard.

2. The only carried over panels from the B9 to the B9.5 were the roof and the boot lids (Avant and saloon).

The facelift takes the A4 to a completely new vehicle due for release in 2022 for 2023MY build.

Great thanks for the summary. The Dealership was discussing as if the facelift had only just come out. Though i guess this was back in June so to them maybe it was still fairly new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Almost....

There was also a minor facelift that took place before this one that was only cosmetic. The engines and the interior were the same as my versions but the front and rear lower trims were modified but little else. The release of this was delayed for several months..
https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/new-my2020-facelift.382405/