difference? s-line and s-line 'executive'

vw754

vorsprung Durch Technik
Reaction score
is ther a s-line executive? if so what the difference between standard s-line and executive?

There was an S line executive produced quite early in the B8's history. This included over and above the standard S line spec, phone prep low, symphony audio head with in built 6 CD player, cruise control and leather/Alcantara trim. Later updates started to introduce some of the extras as standard.

oh ok nice one,mines got cruise,full leather,auto mirrors,wipers,lights,auto bootlid,19" factory alloys,bi-xenon,phone/bluetooth(no cradle but the connection is in armrest.
There was an S line executive produced quite early in the B8's history. This included over and above the standard S line spec, phone prep low, symphony audio head with in built 6 CD player, cruise control and leather/Alcantara trim. Later updates started to introduce some of the extras as standard.

Mines an executive with full leather and phone prep but sadly no cruise

would it say executive on the v5 ? or is it a guess to see if one owns the exec model?

Mines an exec... Believe DAB, AMI, cruise and phone prep were included in the spec - I didnt know it may have included the Alcantera seats but we have them so could have also been included under the 'executive' extras!

Mines the exec with stop/start, cruise, phone prep auto lights, wipers, boot but not elec folding mirrors also no lights in footwell, glove box, doors or sun visors as I think this is another extra

mines got no stop start...does your state in v5 if its the exec model?
Mines the exec with stop/start, cruise, phone prep auto lights, wipers, boot but not elec folding mirrors also no lights in footwell, glove box, doors or sun visors as I think this is another extra

Just had a look it only says, audi A4 S line tdi on log book, doesn't say anything about it being exec spec so I tried to put my car reg in go compare to see if it came up on there but it didn't say also tried (my car check) iphone app but again it didn't say. But I know it it is an exec from when I bought it from the audi garage just can't seem to find any evidence of it been one lol

Reactions: vw754
There were Executive SE and Executive S line models in early 2009. It was a discounted option on 2.0TDI 143PS cars (cheaper than std car).

As mentioned earlier, S line got mobile phone prep low in armrest, cruise, S line embossed seats in leather/alcantara and Symphony radio. SE version swapped the seats for different wheels.

Not around for long as S line Special Edition was added by end of 2009.

There were Executive SE and Executive S line models in early 2009. It was a discounted option on 2.0TDI 143PS cars (cheaper than std car).

As mentioned earlier, S line got mobile phone prep low in armrest, cruise, S line embossed seats in leather/alcantara and Symphony radio. SE version swapped the seats for different wheels.

Mine is a 2010 sline it has the S line embossed seats, cruise, symphony radio I thought it had phone prep but I must be mistaken as I thought it meant hands free as you say it is in the arm rest the only thing in my arm rest is a aux point does this mean I don't have phone prep? Can you fill me in on exactly what phone prep is please? Cheers

SI-W85, Phone prep is found in armrest consisting of 2 lugs to locate and secure a cradle plus the connectivity block. If phone prep is installed a cradle is needed to hold the mobile phone. Biggest advantage of this is the cradle connects to on board aerial to give better reception, it also charges the phone and obviously holds it in place. You should have basic bluetooth as standard with handsfree.

SI-W85, Phone prep is found in armrest consisting of 2 lugs to locate and secure a cradle plus the connectivity block. If phone prep is installed a cradle is needed to hold the mobile phone. Biggest advantage of this is the cradle connects to on board aerial to give better reception, it also charges the phone and obviously holds it in place. You should have basic bluetooth as standard with handsfree.

ok thanks I don't have that in my car it seems there are that many extras in these cars I'm unsure of what is standard for what models, the two things I wish I did have was the light package ie lights in doors, glove box, boot & sun visors & the keyless entry as that is a pretty cool thing to have I think

Can you fill me in on exactly what phone prep is please? Cheers

Phone prep low is basically Bluetooth. I think you could get a phone specific adaptor that fitted in the armrest that then allowed your phone to charge and use the external car aerial.

Embossed seats and cruise were standard on S line by late 2009. Symphony would have been an option over the standard Concert

When I was getting my insurance quote and I provide my registration number the lady was able to tell me it was an Audi A4 Executive S Line. But on the V5 it just shows, Audi A4 S-Line TDI.

Capture1

If they fail to tell you just ring an audi main dealer with your reg or chassis number they will be able to tell you I'm sure.

Do you want a pdf of the relevant brochure?

i wouldnt dnt mind a PDF on the specs of these cars if you don't mind as I'm wondering if my car is the executive spec now as I can't seem to find anything that says it is the best I can find is it says its a, A4 sline tdi S/S. Cheers

Don't know if this will help you but try using VW Group Option Codes Decoder You will need your service book, on the inside of the front cover is a sticker with all the option codes fitted to your vehicle. It is time consuming but type in each of the codes, maybe one of them may indicate if yours is to the executive spec.

i wouldnt dnt mind a PDF on the specs of these cars if you don't mind as I'm wondering if my car is the executive spec now as I can't seem to find anything that says it is the best I can find is it says its a, A4 sline tdi S/S. Cheers

I've around 15 different brochures for around 2008-2011 (I think). Audi kept changing and tweaking what you got. What date was yours registered?

I've around 15 different brochures for around 2008-2011 (I think). Audi kept changing and tweaking what you got. What date was yours registered?

Your not kidding they did sounds like every car has something different in it, mine was registered 03/10 and its a 2.0tdi saloon sline s/s and I think executive but that's what I wanna check. Cheers 👍

Would it be possible to go to dealer, give them the chassis number and ask if they can get the build spec for you?
Worth a try?

Would it be possible to go to dealer, give them the chassis number and ask if they can get the build spec for you?
Worth a try?
yeah I will prob call in next time I pass no doubt they will just want to sell me a new car lol or try to charge me to tell me but we'll see ay

Here's a list of brochures I've got and links for the ones I've uploaded :

July https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3628815/a4 200807.pdf

April https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3628815/a4 200904 V6.1.pdf
May
Jul
Sep
OCt https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3628815/Car/A4 200910 1.1.pdf
Dec https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3628815/Car/a4 200912 Edition 2.0.pdf

Jan https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3628815/Car/A4 201001.pdf
Feb https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3628815/Car/A4 201002.pdf
Mar https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3628815/Car/A4 201003 3.1.pdf
May
OCt

Feb
Mar
Apr
July
Dec

July

Remember the brochure that applies to your car is likely to be an earlier one than the one valid on your delivery date due to build times etc.

Last edited:

Mine is a 2010 sline exc, when i got mine i wanted to confirm what spec it was so i spoke Audi uk customer services and they sent me print off spec sheet with all the options the car was fitted with.

Same here except no start/stop

I think its crazy how the interior lighting is an extra, they should be on the doors for safety at least, I can't believe an Audi especially the Sline doesn't come with them as standard :wtf:

Reactions: mike60e and Macdoon
ya rite,ive got the s-line retrofitted 4x footwell lighting and heater vent dial lighting and glovebox light,s-line should if nothing else at least come with a glovebox light ! you would expect that if you were buying brandnew.
I think its crazy how the interior lighting is an extra, they should be on the doors for safety at least, I can't believe an Audi especially the Sline doesn't come with them as standard :wtf: