Difference between Standard and Sports suspension A3 Saloon?

GeorgeC

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm potentially getting an A3 Saloon for my next company car. I've looked into a couple other models but decided A3 saloon is the one I prefer and may end up ordering however I noticed the S-Line model comes with sports suspension automatically with an option to change to "standard suspension" if requested.

I suppose I'm trying to discern what the real difference is between sports suspension and standard. I do a reasonable amount of mid-long distance driving so looking for a smooth and comfortable ride for motorway driving and sitting in the inevitable motorway traffic as opposed to something I can rag around corners at great speed etc. I suspect changing the sports suspension to standard suspension would help in the sense of easing bumps on the road and just make for a generally smoother ride?

Thanks

If I'm not wrong there are three suspension options:
- Dynamic (which is standard/comfortable)
- Sport
- S / S-line

The last one is the most firm and the lowest. I believe 25mm lower than the standard option. Sport is 10mm lower.

If you don't care about looks/half decent cornering and care more about comfort than the standard suspension is the way to go for you

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G991B met Tapatalk

Reactions: GeorgeC
If I'm not wrong there are three suspension options:
- Dynamic (which is standard/comfortable)
- Sport
- S / S-line

The last one is the most firm and the lowest. I believe 25mm lower than the standard option. Sport is 10mm lower.

If you don't care about looks/half decent cornering and care more about comfort than the standard suspension is the way to go for you

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G991B met Tapatalk
Hey man,

Thanks for that. Yeah comfort is the main thing so I imagine I will likely go with the standard suspension in that instance.

Thanks a lot