Difference between sport and s-line

B

Boydie

hey guys my A3 is an 04 sport

what i would like to know is what the differences are between the sport and s-line of the same year?

S-Line has the following extra over the Sport:
Half/full leather seats
Bigger alloys?
S-Line badges
Aluminium inlays?
S-Line bodykit/spoiler

Lower/stiffer suspension too.
Black rooflining in interior.
Different steering wheel.

ok got all that bar the roof lining and steering wheel lol

what was the original price difference between the 2?

As far as I can remember (ordered Jan 05),my car was £1500 dearer than a sport,but that included the DSG gearbox.
You couldn't get S-line in 2wd without DSG at that time.
I seem to remember they later started doing the S-line pack only for £1000.
It was a helluva lot of kit for £1000,hence the fact most A3/A4 I see are S-lines.
S-line is now classed as a model,rather than an additional option.

The £1000 S-line pack didnt include the exterior body kit only the spoiler. You had to buy the S-line styling kit for £950 extra. Only since 2006 have the two been combined.

dandle said:
The £1000 S-line pack didnt include the exterior body kit only the spoiler. You had to buy the S-line styling kit for £950 extra. Only since 2006 have the two been combined.

The new S-lines I see don't look any different from my '05 one.
I didn't order any additional bodywork.
You've lost me there I'm afraid.

These are pages from the brochure effective from August 2005. You will see S-line styling pack on the second pic. Looks like the spoiler was part of the exterior kit too.
Audi10001_1.jpg

Audi20001_1.jpg

Maybe you havent got the S-line exterior kit or it was added by mistake when you ordered.

From approx Sept 05 the rear spoiler was not part of the S-line pack, only available as part of the exterior pack.The first cars where on a 55 plate, changed around the same or just after the time it was facelifted ( New grille), I only discovered this by accident after ordering my 20TQ, approx 3 weeks before the build week. The dealer new nothing about the pack until I pointed it out, they contacted Audi Uk to confirm., I did manage to get it added , for 900 quid though.

Mark

I remember the rear spoiler being discussed when I got the car.
It was never part of the Sportback S-line deal.
Audi obviously decided the new front (Sportback or 3 door) wasn't getting it.
Didn't bother me then,doesn't bother me now.
I don't like add-on tack.

bowfer said:
I remember the rear spoiler being discussed when I got the car.
It was never part of the Sportback S-line deal.
Audi obviously decided the new front (Sportback or 3 door) wasn't getting it.
Didn't bother me then,doesn't bother me now.
I don't like add-on tack.

Does that mean you dont have the styling kit then inc. the bumpers?

I had an 04 reg Sline (a 2005 model year though).

the original per 2005MY S line had fully perforated steering wheel and gear knob, slightly lower suspension, black headlining, half leather Speed trim in either black or silver (the cloth bit) and the 5 arm 18" alloys. The cost was only £700 to start with!

For 2005 model year (from approx May 2004 build date), the extra price stayed the same but you also got the spoiler on the top of the boot and the option of brushed aluminium inlays instead of the piano black.

2006 model year (my current Sportback) saw a change to the steering wheel so only half perforated but with coloured stitching. The 3dr also lost its rear spoiler (sportback never had one) and this was then included in the £950 exterior styling pack which then amended the front and rear bumpers and grille style. This pack then got consumed into the overall cost of the Sline models rather than being an extra.

Rob

Dont forget the illuminated vanity mirrors, a worthy item on the early s lines.

dandle said:
Does that mean you dont have the styling kit then inc. the bumpers?

My car looks exactly like the sportback pictured above,minus the ****** awful roofrails.

SP_A0019.jpg

In 2006 there were more alterations to the s-line spec with different bumpers, grill, small spoiler, etc.... ive got the 2006 55 plate and its different to the sportback pic above.....

DIABLO636 said:
In 2006 there were more alterations to the s-line spec with different bumpers, grill, small spoiler, etc.... ive got the 2006 55 plate and its different to the sportback pic above.....

Really ?
It must be dead subtle changes then,coz (as I said before) I see plenty of newer-than-mine S-lines going around and they look the same to me.

PS,see the stake beside the car ?
That's me trying to kill it,but the damned thing won't die !

Oh aye,I see the difference in the front spoiler now.
Never noticed it before.
Not a fan of the rear spoiler though,so not overly fussed I don't have that.
It would make me nervous in the carwash !

The two cars above don't have the exterior styling kit and one is prefacelift.
front1.jpg

Heres my car you can see the bumper has a lower lip on it, no bump strips, different fog light surounds and the grill has larger holes.