difference between sport and s-line models

matt_hilluk

facebook.com/m9tbh
Reaction score
i have recently purchased an a3 sport, although i wanted an s-line.

was wondering what all of the difference are, so far i have noticed front and rear bumper, spoiler and wheels...

anything else?

many thanks

Depends on the year of the car - the styling changed on later cars.

Things that can be different - S Line generally could have lower/stiffer suspension, half/full leather seats (later embossed with s line), s line door sills, s line badged steering wheel (perforated with stitching?), exterior s line badges, rear spolier and later came the styling changes including changed front and rear bumper.

but basically what im getting at is that it is possible to just add the bumpers and spoiler and nobody will really be any the wiser?

except for tiny details

but basically what im getting at is that it is possible to just add the bumpers and spoiler and nobody will really be any the wiser?

except for tiny details

Does it really matter what people think? As said if you want it to look like an s-line do the suspension(coilovers), wheels, bumpers and spoiler.

Last edited:
Dont forget the black headlining. Makes the interior what it is if you ask me! Cars with the grey headliner just dont feel as nice

I had an S-Line after a Sport and now back in a Sport. The S-line black headlining was something I got used to but isn't the "must have" feature as it makes the cabin gloomy and felt a bit smaller to me. AUDI did a very good job with the S-Lines I think, they just look spot on for a factory car in that you don't think "it could be a bit lower" or needs bigger wheels etc.

Full list compiled from this thread;

18" wheels (5 spoke RS6) 05-08
Deeper front and rear bumpers
Dark headlining
S-line badge on Sport steering wheel
S-Line badge on grill and rear sides
Front grill is different (the vertical slats are more prominent on S-lines)
Roof spoiler
Lower/stiffer suspension
Half-leather seats
Centre arm rest(?) One of those things you immediately get in, realise it gets in the way and fold back and forget about
Silver cabin trim (ashtray, gear leaver surround, door cappings)

I think with the bumpers and roof spoiler it will look nice. Just the spoiler on its own makes a massive difference.

Last edited:
Hahaha I don't think I could live without an arm rest tbh

But you can easily make a sport nicer or as nice as an s-line, just make it your own mate!

will be changing the wheels and suspension instantly anyway, possibly a spoiler and my11 lights

how much do 2nd hand 07 sport alloys go for with mint tyres?

will be changing the wheels and suspension instantly anyway, possibly a spoiler and my11 lights

how much do 2nd hand 07 sport alloys go for with mint tyres?

I sold mine for 270. One wheel had minor kerbing, all tyres were 4-5mm. I'd say you will be looking at £300-350.

yeh i was expecting 350-400 :)

and so do all s-line grilles fit my standrad non s bumper then

where are black grilles available from and hard to swap or not?