Difference between breakdown providers

MOA4B9

Reaction score
I need to get a breakdown cover after my free Audi cover expired few days ago. I Looked at AA, RAC and comparison websites and the AA and RAC are at least three times as expensive as others from the comparison website. They all seem to provide the same options so I was confused why such a big difference in price? Does it really matter which one I sign up with? When reading the cover policy it always says 'we maybe able to provide eg hire car for onward journey or pay for accommodation ' so it seems like the options of onward journey etc might not be even realised.
What are your suggestions and experiences with breakdown cover?

Have you thought about extending the Audi cover
Cost me £145 for 2 years and its through the AA.
Not that I've had to use it mind but to me it's a no brainer

I use greenflag and have done for years , have only needed to call on them a few times but they have always arrived quickly.
The reason they are cheaper than the AA and RAC is that they don’t have vans sitting around waiting for work they use a network of approved garages .

they work out so much cheaper for me even with European roadside cover they are cheaper than the main contenders

Have you thought about extending the Audi cover
Cost me £145 for 2 years and its through the AA.
Not that I've had to use it mind but to me it's a no brainer

Wasn't aware that I can do that. Will give them a call to get a quote.

You can do it online.....I did
It's in the owners area iirc on the audi website

I use greenflag and have done for years , have only needed to call on them a few times but they have always arrived quickly.
The reason they are cheaper than the AA and RAC is that they don’t have vans sitting around waiting for work they use a network of approved garages .

they work out so much cheaper for me even with European roadside cover they are cheaper than the main contenders

I'm always scared of that occasional cowboy out there with the independent garages. With RAC and AA you expect consistent service but not sure if that is always true.
In 15 years of my driving history I only had to call them once for a flat battery so I'm hoping I will not have to test out the service again soon.

Had my Green Flag renewal today, covers me in any other car my son in his car and wife in any car and also covers my old smiley transit, £162

have you considered autoaid? you yourself are covered as a driver (or passenger i think) so you can be in any car

by far better than having a car itself covered. you also get free cover for your legal spouse :)

no i dont work for them, they were the cheapest. the only catch (becayse theres always one) is that you pay for the recovery upfront and then they reimburse you