Diesel in my S3

Tezza16

Reaction score
Hi guys

My wife filled the S3 with diesel today and drove to work, when she came out of course it wouldn't start. Had to get the tank cleaned out and filled with full tank of BP Ultimate, its driving ok now but will it of damaged anything, any opinions other than don't let her drive it again.

Oh and it's only 2months old with 800mile on the clock.

How is that possible nozzle won't fit will it?

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Women eh lol?

Reactions: Schizophonic, A3_Rider, Bristle Hound and 5 others
How is that possible nozzle won't fit will it?

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Yup, not doubting what the OP says happened (my wife baffles me too from time to time!) but diesel nozzles are generally larger diameter then unleaded in U.K.

On my S7, the fuel filler neck is not restricted, so could easily get a diesel nozzle in there

Reactions: Audi Bairn
The only thing it's probably not helped will be the cat. If you aren't planning on keeping the car past the 3 year warranty point then you should be OK. If anything does go wrong then of course don't admit anything to the dealers.

Diesel in my S3.. reminds me of Beverly Hills Cop classic one liner....

g1361593209702382286.jpg

Reactions: Bugeye_bob, THQuattro, davc and 2 others
Upload 2016 12 8 7 18 31

Reactions: TDI-line, THQuattro, WarwickL and 1 other person
I always thought putting diesel in a petrol completely ruined the engine and that if it was the other way around it wouldn't be as bad? Unless thing have moved on since I filled my Citroen ZX with petrol in 2004!!

I always thought putting diesel in a petrol completely ruined the engine and that if it was the other way around it wouldn't be as bad? Unless thing have moved on since I filled my Citroen ZX with petrol in 2004!!
A gas car will be okay if pump diesel into it but petrol will mess up the injectors on a diesel. If you notice you **** up before you crank the car you can drain the gas from a diesel car to avoid replacing the whole fuel system.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Reactions: pburv
I would say it's the diesel pump that's as risk as it needs the lubrication of the diesel fuel .

Reactions: pburv
I should imagine the hotter burn on petrol will damage the piston rings on the diesel??

Think 5th gear tried this - diesel cars are really quite hardy if you fill with petrol; simply drain and fill with diesel. But petrol really doesn't like diesel - lambda sensors die. Remember a while back when some bright spark filled diesel tankers with petrol ? Lots of damaged petrol cars

Reactions: Martinbanshee
Well thanks for advice and replies guys I now have a lovely new patio and pick up the RS6 Saturday, but unfortunately I can't find the wife now :flushed:

Reactions: sve170, azibux1, aaronlouiswhite and 7 others
There was another thread a long time ago, his new S3 got curbed really bad, wasn't much of an explanation!

I only let my Mrs drive when I am also in the drivers seat. Then again, here is her pic:

8_T6o_Xy_A8c.png

Diesel reminds you of bananas or do you mean the unfunny Murphy is as unfunny as diesel in an S3 ??

No sir, diesel in a S3 is not funny, nor are bananas. However, Eddie Murphy, in his day (the 80's sadly) was amusing.

Reactions: Pook
The only thing it's probably not helped will be the cat.

Why, are you planning on kicking the cat? Bit unfair on the poor moggy who is totally blameless in this saga

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: TDI-line