Diesel Fuel Cleaners

theo289

Reaction score
Hi All,

Has anyone had any experience with diesel fuel cleaners? Am looking at purchasing BG244, recommended by a friend, am quite unsure about throwing a product straight into the car but obviously if it cleans the engine/ improves the drive, i'm quite keen :) and seems a lot cheaper than terra clean.

Power Enhancer | BG 244 | Diesel Engine Cleaners | Fuel Injector Cleaner

Thanks

I looked into additives a while back. There seems to be no conclusions either way. If you Google you'll find some swear by them, others think they are snake oil. What I have found makes a real world difference is filling up with BP Ultimate Diesel. Better mpg and more responsive. So I stick to doing that as it adds a few pounds to the cost of a fill up but makes a difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
I looked into additives a while back. There seems to be no conclusions either way. If you Google you'll find some swear by them, others think they are snake oil. What I have found makes a real world difference is filling up with BP Ultimate Diesel. Better mpg and more responsive. So I stick to doing that as it adds a few pounds to the cost of a fill up but makes a difference.

Fill her up already with Shell VPower :) was just thinking if there was anything ontop of what i do to increase the reliability of the engine etc...just one of those psychological things isn't it. if you put something into your car ontop of what is currently there, you expect to see a result of some sort

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ same as me :laugh:

Additives/cleaners really don't agree with my car so if possible I try to avoid.

I've just bought a bottle of " Forte " injector cleaner, mines putting out a bit of a cloud behind if i boot it a bit, not blue, not black just a sort of dirty grey/brown cloud, just waiting to get down to half a tank before i put it in.

Some good advise here.

Joinerman - let me know how you get on

I've just used bg244 check it out on amazon great results

Ive tried many additives and posh diesel in different cars over the years and cant say I ever noticed a difference at all.
As for that video how old is it as they say 100.9 pence per litre!

The only thing I have found that works and gives a noticeable difference is having Terraclean. It makes the car run smoother, more economical, less soot/smoke and increases the responsiveness of the engine. I was a tad sceptical before having it done but the results spoke for themselves. There was a noticeable difference after I had it done. Have a look here www.Terraclean.co.uk, it's about £100 but it does what you expect the additives to do but it actually works unlike the additives.

That sound good, but what puts me off straight away is that cnut on the home page, utter dickhead!
Im not sure who annoys me more Ed the knob or Miliband the ponce?