Diesel Filter Fuel Hose Leak

SCFC_Messiah

Reaction score
Hi guys

I've developed a small leak from one of the two hoses that take fuel from the diesel filter to the engine. A main dealer Audi mechanic took a look and says I need to replace the pipe and that it's a simple job to do myself..... but unfortunately Audi want £66 for the pipe alone and TPS want £62. That seems an awful lot to me!? Apparently the pipes are only sold as a pair, so I have to buy both

It appears the leak is coming from the general area of the arrow, running down the pipe and then pooling on top of the diesel filter. It's not a massive amount but I want to get it fixed before it gets worse

I'm wondering if it's something I can get custom made to measure by a hose maker and how much I should expect to pay? or maybe I'm better off buying from a scrap dealer!?

Cheers

i1l5.jpg

Hadn't considered than Phil, thanks. I must admit I haven't even taken it off yet.... Hopefully removing it and refitting may be enough if it's worked it's way loose or something but nothing is ever that simple with this car

fuel hoses are different to normal hoses. They have a special coating to stop the fuel eating away at them. Should be able to get a universal fuel hose with same internal ID cheaper

I've got a spare set of those pipes if you want to make me an offer.

Hi. I wouldn't know where to start with an offer.... Let me know what you want and I'll have a think about it. Do they come with the clips?

Yeah I think they have clips on, but just reuse yours, they retain there tightness.

Try a firm like Pirtek, they have all types of hoses, connectors and clips.
I had a power steering leak caused by the near side intercooler cowling rubbing through the aluminium cooler pipe. Audi wanted £78, length of 10mm internal diameter hose and clips... £2 it was only a 2" piece I needed