Diesel filler Neck issues Nozzle Clicks all the time 2013 a4 Tdi

Hafizkam

Reaction score
Hi.
I am a newbie to here.
I have a 2013 Audi a4 b8.5 Avant 2.0 tdi 143bhp

The filler neck had a little metal stopper inside it which broke and i removed it.

Diesel has been filling up fine without it.

But since last week it takes ages to fill up.
Diesel keeps coming upto the top of the filler neck which makes the pump click every time i pull the nozzle. Every 10pence. Such a pain.

I can see the filler neck has a bend in it but never had issues before.??

Any advice please??

Only other thing that changed is i had a Fuel filter change alongside a full service and it wasnt primed using VCDS ?? Would that cause a airlock issue at all for the diesel to come upto the top at every click of the nozzle.

Car starts and runs fine though.

Please help me. Thankyou

The UK pumps are designed to click off when they sense the tank is full, so nothing to do with your fuel filter. They sense when there is fuel at the filler neck.

It sounds like the part which broke off, may have dropped something down the neck, which is now obstructing the filling flow.

Alternatively, to get fuel into the tank, you need to allow for air to come out, so perhaps a blocked air outlet is causing the issue?

This parts diagram may help you diagnose.

Either way, if tank removal/repair is needed, your best to go to a garage, maybe an Indy Audi garage (you can ask for recommendations on here based on where you are in the UK.) DIY removal/repairs on a fuel tank is something best left to experienced people.

You might also want to consider buying one of the many mini inspection cameras that are available on fleeBay, that plug into your phone/tablet. That way you could try dropping it down the filler neck to see if there is anything obvious blocking the tank.

:racer:

Thankyou very much for a very good explanation. I will get the camera and take things from there before tank removal etc. Thankyou

@RAF_S7
Hi.
Thanks for the diagram link.
Sorry but i cannot seem to locate the air outlet?
Could you please advise where to look?

Regards
Kam

I believe its item#2 on the diagram.

Screen Shot 2019 02 04 at 142631

Ok thanks. How could i get rid of the blockage??
Is it the little nozzle next to the diesel filler cap?? Should i blow air through it or does it need to be sucked out u reckon??

Ive had a camera down the filler neck today. There seem to be nothing blocking it at all.
Diesel still clicks every 10 20p when filling up as diesel comes up to the top of the filler neck with every click.

Sorry for the questions.