Did you know this about your S3.....

For those who don't want to kill the keyfob battery, sticking the key into the doorlock and holding it in the lock or open positions does the same thing as holding the button down on the keyfob. It's handy when you forget to close a window, saves putting the key back into the ignition.

Are we all forgetting to mention the little sun visor above the rear view mirror????

Noticed the missus has it on her Polo too :)

ah the beauty of total closure. looks impressive too especially on a nice summers day as your walking up and you drop the window from about 10m away.. got mine to lock down soon as it hits 5mph so the missus and baby safe from car jacking. so i reckon you must be able to set a timer to lock down after ignition switched off

Your clutch pedal position sensor is fecked if your car over revs during gear changes. I recently changed my clutch pedal (mate did) and he broke the sensor in question. My car has developed this since i've removed the sensor completely. Replace yours to see if it makes a difference. Circa £15 iirc.

G

Yeah I had read about it, and thought it may be at fault, I just couldnt be bothered to change it, got so much to do on the car and little time to do it

Awww my s3 doesn't do the auto locking trick or the auto windows pressing the keyfob :-( I don't have vagcom either! Is it something that I can walk into Audi and get them to activate? Or will they look at me like I'm mad??

Awww my s3 doesn't do the auto locking trick or the auto windows pressing the keyfob :-( I don't have vagcom either! Is it something that I can walk into Audi and get them to activate? Or will they look at me like I'm mad??

I personally wouldnt go to audi unless you pre-lube yourself first, and thats if they even know what vag-com is. Probably better off seeing if anyone is local to you to recode it for you for a few beer tokens, literally only takes minutes.

Try here http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?84603-***VCDS-Users-Map***

Another tip: When its freezing out (not for a while now), if your lock is frozen, you can lift the handle for a few seconds which triggers a heater element in the lock for 30 seconds :cool:

Another tip: When its freezing out (not for a while now), if your lock is frozen, you can lift the handle for a few seconds which triggers a heater element in the lock for 30 seconds :cool:

I've always known about this function, but have never used it, as I hardly use my S3 during winter, even though it has quattro. Does it really work?

Germans. They really do think about things don't they!

Slightly of topic

Another one, for those that drive other non Audi's

When the low fuel warning comes on, the side on which the nozzle is at is where your filler cap is:ninja::ninja:

Low_Fuel_Graphic_on_the_FCD.jpg

finesse said:
Slightly of topic

Another one, for those that drive other non Audi's

When the low fuel warning comes on, the side on which the nozzle is at is where your filler cap is:ninja::ninja:

This used to be the case but not any more. Myself and colleagues tried it on some cars and they didn't follow that trend!

Car self locks after 2 mins if unlocked but no door opened. Warning though as opening the boot doesn't cancel it either so it would be quite easy to lock your key in there!!

Car self locks after 2 mins if unlocked but no door opened. Warning though as opening the boot doesn't cancel it either so it would be quite easy to lock your key in there!!

Mine normally locks after about 30 seconds n the boot does cancel it as well.

:( Doesn't work always, strange