Did I overpay?

Light

Always Grumpy
Reaction score
CAD43E2E 0765 4070 BECF 7B4111EA80C2

Hi guys, bit of a weird one here but I recently went purchased my A3 8V 184hp 2.0 TDI Sport.

It had 11000 miles on the clock and it is 14 plate. I have put some new alloys on it but I am curious what someone would pay for this car if they to buy it for themselves?

Here is a picture of it, any information anyone needs I will answer and I would love some detail as too why you would give it that value?

View attachment 170213

Hi guys, bit of a weird one here but I recently went purchased my A3 8V 184hp 2.0 TDI Sport.

It had 11000 miles on the clock and it is 14 plate. I have put some new alloys on it but I am curious what someone would pay for this car if they to buy it for themselves?

Here is a picture of it, any information anyone needs I will answer and I would love some detail as too why you would give it that value?

Not sure what I’d pay but autotrader indicates £12-13k for a low mileage car of that spec, but, there’s only 2 for sale in UK with less than 20k miles so not very reliable statistics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Light
I always try to go off autotrader and trade in values to roughly gauge how well a car is priced. Looking at autotrader etc it looks like 184 2.0’s are rare and because of that priced fairly high.

I’d say 13-14k?

Reactions: Light
Yeah I cannot find anything too similar but around that ball park I thought was on the money!

I paid £13k for it and thought it was a fairly good price considering the mileage is very low for it age!

I consider it a fairly good price but it’s always nice to see what other people think it could be worth!

Reactions: Bells
That’s a very good price, i paid a bit more for mine with more miles just mine is a SLine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That’s a very good price, i paid a bit more for mine with more miles just mine is a SLine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I was looking for an S Line but one with the low mileage I was looking for was going for nearly 16.5k, I couldn’t get to it! Would of loved to, but couldn’t do it!

I was looking for an S Line but one with the low mileage I was looking for was going for nearly 16.5k, I couldn’t get to it! Would of loved to, but couldn’t do it!
Did this happen to be in New Castle by a private seller?

I would say yes unfortunately. I would also be asking why the owner has potentially done less than 3000 miles a year in a diesel. With the DPF they are not supposed to be driven for so low miles. Also, seems quite low spec, halogen lights, Sport model I guess as it looks like the same spec as my 3 door A3. Maybe I'm being harsh, if it were a petrol I would say the price is good, but diesels these days have many problems if not driven so that would be my main worry.

I would say yes unfortunately. I would also be asking why the owner has potentially done less than 3000 miles a year in a diesel. With the DPF they are not supposed to be driven for so low miles. Also, seems quite low spec, halogen lights, Sport model I guess as it looks like the same spec as my 3 door A3. Maybe I'm being harsh, if it were a petrol I would say the price is good, but diesels these days have many problems if not driven so that would be my main worry.

I appreciate the honesty and I see what you mean. The guy who owned the car before was elderly and literally bought it to drive round locally, so didn’t cover much distance at all. It is a fairly low spec being that it has halogens and it had basic 17” alloys on it, but it did have cruise control which I did need for a long commute! I think I paid around the mark, but I see where you are coming from.

Reactions: Ormesome
Yeah I cannot find anything too similar but around that ball park I thought was on the money!

I paid £13k for it and thought it was a fairly good price considering the mileage is very low for it age!

I consider it a fairly good price but it’s always nice to see what other people think it could be worth!

Given the miles, spec and condition I think £13k is probably a good price

View attachment 170213

If you agreed a price at the time, and you were happy with that price, then just leave it.

Scouring the internet looking to see if you overpaid is just self inflicting misery onto yourself, if it then transpires you did over pay. What would you then do? Go back to the seller and want some money back?

Same with anything really. Buy a washer machine, and then spend a day looking to see you could have go it £50 cheaper elsewhere. Either search for the cheapest first, or just be happy with what you paid at the time.

Reactions: dp_motley, Bristle Hound, Jassyo06 and 4 others
If you agreed a price at the time, and you were happy with that price, then just leave it.

Scouring the internet looking to see if you overpaid is just self inflicting misery onto yourself, if it then transpires you did over pay. What would you then do? Go back to the seller and want some money back?

Same with anything really. Buy a washer machine, and then spend a day looking to see you could have go it £50 cheaper elsewhere. Either search for the cheapest first, or just be happy with what you paid at the time.

I am happy with the price I paid, just out of interest I would like to know if other people would have paid the same, to get a value on what my car could be worth so someone who values Audi’s!

That’s a really good deal! I will keep changing a few things on mine but knowing me I’ll be changing it sometime next year

Reactions: Kondax

I agree - it’s a lot of car for £13k with probably 90% of its life left in it.

Reactions: Kondax
That’s a really good deal! I will keep changing a few things on mine but knowing me I’ll be changing it sometime next year
I've already done the grill + puddle lights + wing mirror lights. Gonna have to wait until I'm a bit older so I can do some performance or bigger mods otherwise my insurance will scream at me

That's a very good point. I paid a lot more for my 1.6 (but with quite a few more features, 3 years warranty and 2 free services) but I just accept that under the circumstances it was a good price

Lol how true l bought a new TV 5 weeks ago £2k, was £2500,within a few days it went down to £1830 and now its down to £1780.. . Lol

Last edited:
I think for your engine spec and low mileage seems like the ideal price to pay! Nice car you have too.

Back then, I'd been comparing prices and specs but came down to this. I paid 13K for mine which had done over 40,000 mileages but the car's spec was pretty good with comfort pack, electric door mirrors, rain sensor, and vanity mirrors etc. I already spent a bit modifying my car further.

Seems like you got a good deal :icon thumright: super low miles

I paid £13.5k for mine in S Line trim 2.0 tdi with 60k miles on, but it has a **** ton of extras on it that made me bite the bullet

cABPGlSl.jpg