Diagnostic test

slizza786

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi

Is anybody around NW London that can do a diagnostic test for me? Yesterday after the heavy rain my ABS light and ESP light has popped up on the dash board and won't go even after d/cing the battery

If you disconnected the battery it usually needs a short drive & steering lock to lock (with a 5-10sec hold each way) to reset the ESP

You may well have a faulty ABS sensor/ring due to the heavy rain or a bit of crap etc. or could just be coincidental

Try a short drive when it's all dried out and if it doesn't clear get it scanned for faults

Il go for a short drive now. What do u mean by steering lock? How do I go about doing this?

Turn the steering all the way to one side, hold it for a bit then turn all the way to the other side and hold again - you don't need to be moving for this bit

Aka 'full lock'

Ahh full locking. Cheers buddy just got in the car. Gonna try both out

Sounds like ABS sensor/ring fault tbh but you'll need it scanning to find the fault (as you where asking in the first place!)

Yes Danny is in london sorted out things for me. Abs sensor sounds like likely culprit...around £40 iirc

Reactions: Dannykn9
Rear ABS rings are built into the wheel bearings, I've had to have one changed. Not sure on the fronts though