deviantART.com Any1 into Photography and Art?

Charlies604

Reaction score
Hey all, not sure who has come across this site yet but its amazing, easy to use you get some gooood feedback.
can also link to the images to use here etc...

My id is http://charlierevell.deviantart.com/

take a look at my pics, let me know what you think of my very brief work so far! Only just got the bug, well a few months now. And started on PS CS this week..

Some good photos there mate,
Just getting into photography myself and just got a digi SLR. I haven't had a chance to take some photos of anythign interesting yet, and just getting into photoshop.

I did do this the other day, but i think it could have been much better with a bit more time and effort and hindsight (i'd only had the camera for a day)

a14-small.jpg
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I think it could have been better, the trees being just black I think loses a lot of it's appeal and the sky could have been added better (but I was lazy!)

im just getting into Photography myself, and advice would be great, especially doing these shots, like settings etc.. I have a Canon 350D SLR 18-55mm and a good pod, just need to know what setting to use and when.. Photoshop i use for work so if anyone gets stuck i will help as best i can.

One shot i took in Munich with the crowd in the town, and made the crowd motion blured type effect which looked ok

Am also getting into this - have just bought a Nikon D50, with 18-70 Dx and 28-300 lenses, an SB800 speedlight, a CP filter,nice pod, remote trigger etc.. am looking at a photog course, but am reading everything in sight, and having a lot of fun playing!

Perhaps.. we need a specific photog forum here, support, critiques of our car pics, etc etc.. anyone?

yeah thats a grand idea..........Admin?

My colleague at work has bought a Nikon D70 SLR cost him about £800 then he bought the tripod and seperate lens too. Photos are phenominal! He is now thinking of buying a telescope which his camera can attach on to so he can do some astrophotography

[ QUOTE ]
im just getting into Photography myself, and advice would be great, especially doing these shots, like settings etc.. I have a Canon 350D SLR 18-55mm and a good pod, just need to know what setting to use and when.. Photoshop i use for work so if anyone gets stuck i will help as best i can.

One shot i took in Munich with the crowd in the town, and made the crowd motion blured type effect which looked ok

[/ QUOTE ]

There's really nothing to it. Once you have the camera in position on the tripod, put it in Tv mode (shutter priority) and set the shutter speed to something like 10 or 20 seconds. Make sure you activate the self timer (or use a remote shutter release) to avoid camera shake. Take a number of shots and pick your best one!

A photography section on the forum would be good.

yeah i thought it was just delay on shutter, didnt know if there were any other things to set really, thanks

come on Dicky get us a Photograhy & Photoshop section.....pleaseeeeeee

Theres a little more than that, but that does cover the basics!

Get it in manual and play with the shutter and appatures.

I did just manage mine without timer etc. But i was using BULB. ie it stays open as long as you hold your finger on it.

Get a good tripod! That certainly helps!

I picked up an IR remote for the Nikon from Jessops for less than £15 - eliminates any risk of you shaking the camera while pressing the button.. but as charlie says, you need as good a tripod as you can, something that is rock solid.. and heavy enough to eliminate the minor movement from the shutter vibration itself! my original £35 jessops one was utter /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif and the camera wobbled all over the place, simply too heavy for it.. compromised on a £99 Velbon one that was on offer at £65 which works well and is still highly portable - I didnt want to be carrying scaffolding around with me!