Detailing your B9

Nham68

Reaction score
dropped my car off at the detailers yesterday... it’s 4weeks old, and rather than pay for the dealer slapdash autoglym , going for a full ceramic coating... Siramik SC15.

Will post some pictures on Thurs when I pick It up.. detainer needs it for 3 to 4 days !

Anyone else had their B9 ceramic coated ?

Reactions: cuke2u and Riko0073
dropped my car off at the detailers yesterday... it’s 4weeks old, and rather than pay for the dealer slapdash autoglym , going for a full ceramic coating... Siramik SC15.

Will post some pictures on Thurs when I pick It up.. detainer needs it for 3 to 4 days !

Just waiting dates from my detailer and getting exterior and wheels ceramic coated and interior protected.

Money well spent I reckon.

i had gtechniq c1 & exo applied on the A4. Not seen how well it beads because of no rain here at the moment. Will need to wash at the end of the week as it looking dirty.

i had gtechniq c1 & exo applied on the A4. Not seen how well it beads because of no rain here at the moment. Will need to wash at the end of the week as it looking dirty.

That should be quite easy then... that’s one of the advantages I guess, very quick and easy with sponge and bucket of water to wash !

Yes my matador red http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/post-pics-of-your-a4-s4-b9-in-here.273543/page-16
And post #756 http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/show-us-your-reflection-shots.224957/page-19

Last edited:
The leather seats in mine is treated with Gyeon Leatercoat Q2, Dashboard is treated with Gyeon Q2m Preserver, the outside trim is treated with Gtechniq C4 Permeant Trim Restoration and Gtechniq C1 Wheel Amour. Forgot to mention in post above.

Any good (easy) treatments for the Alcantara to stop spillages from soaking in?

Just ordered some of this last night - Ulimate Finish price is really good and they have 7.5% discount until the end of the week :yes:.

Might be the one then - how big a bottle do you need to do all the seats (and possibly some carpet/mats)?

Love the deep blue of Navarra post detailing,.... need to get a good picture in natural daylight.. had to rush for a meeting...

3986F85F 5F11 414C A1F0 1F08862FADCF

Reactions: Radford212, Carlos85, Fridarey and 4 others
Better picture... for anyone in Cheltenham area, it’s Gloucestershire Detailing... one man band with such a passion...
05DF8524 FFB2 4906 AAED 73CC7E6764CB

Reactions: Radford212, Carlos85, Fridarey and 3 others
That looks superb, makes me excited about getting mine now, on the outside it looks identical.

What was the name of the coating you had applied? I’ve only ever used cquartz and am wondering about trying out g techniq as the shine always looks to be that little bit better.

That looks superb, makes me excited about getting mine now, on the outside it looks identical.

What was the name of the coating you had applied? I’ve only ever used cquartz and am wondering about trying out g techniq as the shine always looks to be that little bit better.

Hi, It’s Siramik SC15..
http://proglasscoat.com/

Might be the one then - how big a bottle do you need to do all the seats (and possibly some carpet/mats)?
I'm not to sure how much you need, but I got the 1L bottle as I want to do a few bits in our S1 as well as coating our new A4 BE when it arrives.

Reactions: NeilHD

I'm getting mine coated with Kamikaze Collection ISM Pro. Can only be applied by Kamikaze certified detailers.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Reactions: scotty76
Anyone actually do their own car Detailing on here ?
Lol

Reactions: Radford212, Keef and SPIKE_
Lol
Haha, I see where your coming from. I detail our S1, but when my new A4 arrives, I will be getting it done with GTechniq CSL + EXO applied by my local detailer. Looking after the S1 is therapeutic but I am really looking forward to seeing the hype around these ceramic coatings.

Lol
Yeah, but the problem is that (a) the coating I wanted on mine (Gyeon MOHS+) isn’t sold to the general public, only their certified detailers and (b) I don’t have a double garage or other inside space I can use. So, I didn’t have much choice but to get a Pro to do my coating: not complaining really though as he did a great job!

Yeah, but the problem is that (a) the coating I wanted on mine (Gyeon MOHS+) isn’t sold to the general public, only their certified detailers and (b) I don’t have a double garage or other inside space I can use. So, I didn’t have much choice but to get a Pro to do my coating: not complaining really though as he did a great job!
Our next house will definately have a double garage but even then as far as I understand you need a constant temperature and a totally dust free atmosphere to apply a ceramic coat correctly..

Our next house will definately have a double garage but even then as far as I understand you need a constant temperature and a totally dust free atmosphere to apply a ceramic coat correctly..
And 3 days .... who has that amount of time ?

I am retiring in a year's time and I fully intent to spend my time on useful projects. Thinking about building up either a classic car/motorcycle, or a kit car...

Halfords have a 3 for 2 offer on Autoglym and Meguiars products at the moment.

And 3 days .... who has that amount of time ?
3 days?

My detailer has advised 2 days to prep and apply ceramic. He knows his stuff and comes highly recommended and works on many types of cars - classic, exotic etc.

It is usually 2-3 days depending on what the car needs in preparation, but it needs to have a good prep. Then there is interior cleaning and sealant, alloy wheels etc. Ceramic coatings needs to also cure over a few hours in a dust free atmosphere and in a low humidity. So rush it at your peril and a good detailer will not..

Reactions: Riko0073
It is usually 2-3 days depending on what the car needs in preparation, but it needs to have a good prep. Then there is interior cleaning and sealant, alloy wheels etc. Ceramic coatings needs to also cure over a few hours in a dust free atmosphere and in a low humidity. So rush it at your peril and a good detailer will not..
Yes, I believe he quoted 2 days as it's a new vehicle and should need less paint correcting.

He generally spends a good 6-8 hours prepping car and then needs to apply ceramic coating and leave overnight in his unit.

Been very happy with his work to date and looks after some amazing vehicles for a range of car enthusiasts.

So, whilst I wait for the delivery date for my new Avant BE to be confirmed, I'm looking at detailing options and must admit to being a newbie to it all!

So, couple of questions - is it worth getting the alloys coated? What about interior? Kids are all grown up, so risks are now minimal.

Finally, if I do go ahead and get a coating, how often am I realistically going to have to wash it? Never been one to feel the need to wash a car every week (or even month tbh :) ), but then again, never spent this much on a car....

Welcome people's thoughts!

So, whilst I wait for the delivery date for my new Avant BE to be confirmed, I'm looking at detailing options and must admit to being a newbie to it all!

So, couple of questions - is it worth getting the alloys coated? What about interior? Kids are all grown up, so risks are now minimal.

Finally, if I do go ahead and get a coating, how often am I realistically going to have to wash it? Never been one to feel the need to wash a car every week (or even month tbh :) ), but then again, never spent this much on a car....

Welcome people's thoughts!
@BKing - You may get a better response to these questions in here my friend
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/forums/detailing-sponsored-by-slims-detailing.116/

Reactions: cuke2u
@Bristle Hound what I lack is a usable garage. I do as much as I can but ceramics need 12-24h in the dry as you know and I just can't do that.

Reactions: Bristle Hound
I'm getting mine coated with Kamikaze Collection ISM Pro. Can only be applied by Kamikaze certified detailers.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Have this on my B8.5 S4 currently. Happy with it. I top up with Gyeon Cure.

Think of geting my new s4 ceramic coated when it arrives. Local detailer uses Nanolex Si3D. Is this any good?