detailing 'the tank'

easytease

cheesypeas
Reaction score
Website
www.bobbycock.com
So my poor old tank needs a decent treatment. I am considering a portercable at the end of the month (the sonus package from autopia i guess).
Last week i clayed her (with meguiers clay kit) washing before and after with goldclass shampoo, the followed with the meguiers stage 2 and then gold clearcoat wax.
I know the meguiers stuff is pretty 'mainstream' stuff, but the results it gives over turtle wax (for example) is impressive. I do, however, still have a lot of swirls and webbing, as well as a few deeper scratches...
heres a few (bad) pics to give you an idea olf the colour, and the swirling on the roof...
http://bobbycock.com/clayed07/

So, what do you recommend? realistically i dont want to spend more then about £50~ for some decent cleaners/polish sealer and wax. I already have the microfibre cloths etc. This is just paintwork to worry about at present, wheels need a refurb so they can wait.

thanks in advance peeps.

Wow, tight budget for all those steps, but here's an idea. Working by PC, I would firstly go with Menzerna RD3.02 Intensive Polish using a light cut pad. This will cost £16.85. I would then go with Menzerna 85RD Final Finish using a polishing pad. This will cost you £14.95. Finally, I would go with Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection, which will seal the paint and give a wet and glossy look that will really suit the colour of the car. This will cost you £21.95. Just a few quid over budget, but if you though the Meguiars gear was good then these products will blow you away. :)

I'll extend the budget if needs be, i want to utalise the products i already have, just find a decent polish or something to work out the swirls and spiderwebs. then a decent wax to bring up the metalic a lot more.

Thanks for the suggestions,wx. I assume these really need PC'd on to get the best resaults? what kinda speeds am i looking to use?

Aye, both Menzerna polishes mentioned above need to be machine applied, using light to moderate pressure at speeds 4-5 (after being spread at speed 1). If you want to try to work by hand, the standard version of Menzerna Intensive Polish applied using the white side of a German Pad is the best way to go, but be aware that you won't achieve full correction working by hand. :)

seeing as the Menzerna RD3.02 Intensive Polish is out of stock pretty much world wide. can you suggest an alternative please. Looking to place an order today/monday of polish, sealant, pads :)

Sadly, very little else comes close, but looking farther afield, Chemical Guys Diamond Cut Polishes are okay, and 3M Perfect-It Machine Polish is also one to check out (and probably easily available from your local bodyshop supplier). :)

Still not got any in stock :( ive got money burning holes in my pocket. Any one want to suggest an alternative bunch of products that are instock in the UK right now.